My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 5 June 2013

White Peacock from Chocolate Baroque

Hi there folks, my second post of the day and this time my project features the gorgeous new Peacock stamps from Chocolate Baroque? They are absolutely scrummy and my card today features one of the stamps from Peacock Parade. I have a really vivid memory of a beautiful white peacock sat on a branch at twilight, his feathers really seemed to glow in the dim light and I wanted to try and capture the effect.


I began by creating the background using distress inks (pumice stone, walnut stain, picket fence and tumbled glass) and overstamped with the feather from Tangled Peacock and embossed with WOW white EP. I stamped the peacock image on white card and embossed with white EP and added colour with distress markers and lots of water. I've added some lace and ribbon from my stash and a little paper flower made with my tattered pine cone die.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Bearly Mine: dies/punches
Crazy Amigo: distress inks/stains etc
Creative Card Crew: punches/dies
Ooh La La: inspired by nature
Tuesday Throwdown: embossing
WOW embossing powder: nature

Don't forget to check out the Chocolate Baroque DT blog as my teamies have created some gorgeous projects with the new stamps.
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous card, love the effect and that background!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is absolutely stunning. WOW what more can I say.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Totally stunning Claire, I love that image and the colours are truly fantastic
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, fabulous rich colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Ooh La La Creations as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Claire this is so elegant, breathtaking. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage feel of this card, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew

    Mei
    CCC DT
    Love to Create DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Claire. Love it that you've done a white peacock. Makes a great image.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, perfect colouring and a real ethereal finish :)
    Aren't embossing powders great for watercolour resist?

    Thanks for joining us at the <a href="http://wowembossingpowder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-wow-2013-challenges-june.html>WOW! Embossing Powder June Challenge</a>, and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking indeed - especially with the way you coloured the image panel background to really show off the white peacock. Elegantly classy & I love your matting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, and so different to see a white peacock rather than the more usual greens and blues. Love your little flower too. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations

    Alli D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire,

    Love, love, LOVE your technique and choice of colors. These stamps are gorgeous! Glad you entered our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining our Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...