My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Mr Darcy

Good morning my lovelies, my project this morning is my entry for this months challenge at Indigo Blu where the them  is 'Backgrounds Galore'. I had a lovely messy time with lots of gesso, Flitter Glu and gilding flakes making my project.


On one side I've used Mr Darcy from the stamp set 'Mr Darcy', he's been coloured with promarkers. I painted the heart with black gesso and once that was dry I stamped around the edges with Flitter Glu and added gilding flakes. I've added some hearts made with Maimiri Light Modelling Paste coloured with PanPastel and highlighted with treasure gold. I also decorated the back, I think I got a bit carried away with the gilding flakes on the background lol.


I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:

Crafting Musketeers: Stamped image
Crafting when we can: mad for markers
Marker POP : Love theme
Seemacrafts: mixed media
Thanks so much for calling by today, 
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Super hearts Claire. Love the effect of the gilding flakes against the black gesso.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy, two of my favourite fiction characters Claire (after Rhett and Scarlett that is) and what a super job you have done with them.

    Have you read Linda Berdoll's sequels, Miss Elizabeth becomes a real temptress ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Claire your heart both sides looks absolutely fabulous, so lush. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inventive Claire! I like your idea good luck!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning project, both sides look equally amazing, love them both!! Great idea too and wonderful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous hanger Claire - love all the gold! (although my Mr Darcy will always be Colin Firth...mmmmm!)
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little plaque Claire. The black gloss and gilding really make this piece look vintage.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project, what an amazing backgroung, bet you did have fun with this one. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project Clare, the Flakes looks stunning and I too love both sides...Thank you for joining in over at the IndigoBlu Forever 21 Challenge Blog...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous, love the textures and the red, black and gold colour scheme is beautiful, thank you for joining in with Seemacrafts challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous hun thank you for joining in at seemacrafts , seema

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hearts , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers , Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. The hearts are stunning. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining in our 'mixed media' theme over on SeemaCrafts Challenge Blog.

    STUNNING. Lovely elegant and regal looking piece both front and back. The Red is gorgeous with that beautiful gold guilding and the lovely images. Beautiful piece of work.

    I hope you will join us each month for our future challenges. Great prizes up for grabs :-)

    Hugs Lisa xxxx DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabby project xx thanks for joining in at Seema Crafts x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Claire this is stunning. I love all the gilding flakes and the black and red colour combination is very striking. Thanks for joining in with the Forever 21 challenge.......Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...