My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Favourite Mask at SplodgeAway

Hello again, i'm back with my second card of the day, this time its for SplodgeAway who are featuring our Favourite Masks this week. Its so difficult to choose a favourite mask, they are all gorgeous so I took the easy option and picked one of  the masks I use most, the Fancier Lattice Mask (you can find it here)


I've made an easel card (why can't I take pics of easel cards?? They always look a really weird angle for some reason) Anyway I've applied Seedless Preserves distress ink to the mask and embossed it with my Grand Calibur, I've found that if you apply the ink with a brayer from the SplodgeAway Mat it gives a much more subtle finish. The image is from Crafts and Me, and the sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque.
I've added some ribbon, paper flowers a little lock charm and some pretty gems to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Make my Monday: Purple/neutral
Quirky Crafts: more than one fold
The Stamp Spot: Feminine Creations

If you've got a minute pop over to the SplodgeAway blog and my lovely teamies are showcasing all their favourite masks this week and as always they have made some stunning projects
Thanks for popping by today, its lovely to see you :-)
Claire xx



12 comments:

  1. I can't get decent shots of easel cards either Claire, but all the lovely inking and stamping comes across well here.

    b x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Claire I would not worry you have photoed it great. It is never easy we are crafters not photographers.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you've picked this mask Claire, it makes a beautiful backdrop and looks great teamed with this image.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is absolutely fabulous! A gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Claire. I am off to check out the masks. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty card, thank you for joining us this week at make my Monday, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lovely! (It's purple!) Love purple! and doesn't inking the edges make such a difference! (Note to self... get purple!) Thank you so much for joining in with my 'Fold It! Challenge' over on Quirky Crafts Challenge blog! Look forward to seeing you again, don't forget a new challenge will start Sunday evening (in the UK!)
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the delicate background and the colours, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. A totally amazing card Claire. The image is gorgeous and can see why you love that mask. Such a pretty shaped card.
    Thanks for joining in with our MMM purple challenge.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Tuesday Throwdown :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I am totally loving the purple, the embossing & your colouring is fantastic. Loving it totally :) Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Join my blog prompt challenge to get featured on my blog &/or enter for my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...