My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 16 June 2013

Show Us Something new at FSC

Hi there folks, how's your weekend going? Hope you're having a good un :-) We've got a new challenge starting at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time around we want you to 'Show us something new' - some new crafty stash, a new technique .... you get the idea, just remember to include some stamping. Our lucky winner will receive a prize from our fab sponsor Leo at Flonzcraft!


I decided to make a little altered domino book - a first for me as I've never made one before and I'm not likely to make another, these babies are tiny and when you're as blind as a bat and clumsy to boot this isn't the best kind of project to tackle lol. The front and back of the domino were coloured with alcohol inks (lettuce and stream) and stamped with one of the 'Urban Landscapes' stamps from Flonzcraft.

Inside the little concertina bit was made with distress inks (peeled paint and tumbled glass) and then stamped with more of the Urban Landscapes stamps, I did a bit of second generation stamping to add some depth . The birds are a stamp from Chocolate Baroque, I cut the words I wanted from another Chocolate Baroque stamp and popped them on with some wet glue. All going smoothly so far .....


I glued black beads and some green and blue microbeads around the edges with my hot glue gun and also glued on some silver bead caps and black bead feet - smart idea until the dratted thing wouldn't stand up. This is where things started to go horribly wrong, you don't want to see how many beads went all over me,  my desk and the dogs,  hot glue stringy stuff everywhere - not a  pretty sight lol   OMG it took me ages to position the feet so it would stand up. Next I assembled it and then promptly lost it, after a bit of a panic incase Barney had eaten it (he's a lab and eats anything and everything) I found it and broke one of the feet off. Aaaarrrggggh! Anyway hot glue gun to the rescue but of course now the joker won't stand up again!  Talk about a creative journey lol.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments: anything goes
Creative Card Crew: metal pins/charms etc
DominoArt: anygame goes
Sweet pea stampers: birds of a feather
Totally Papercrafts: feeling blue

Well I think after all that crafty drama i'm going for a lie down lol. Do pop over to the challenge blog as my talented teamies have come up with some fab-u-lous projects to inspire you 
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. OMG so creative, beautiful stamping and embellies. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not stand up Claire but it's lovely and after your trials and tribulations it isn't a project I'll be having a go at any time soon.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous project, love the scene you created inside the book.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this domino book is stunning! I love the scene you created and the colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire, WOW this is fabulous - you might have had a nightmare at the end - but it was worth it.
    Love the scene you created, and such pretty covers.
    Have a great day.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous domino book, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea, a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, loving your domino book, so gorgeous, especially, the beautiful scene inside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think it was completely worth all the effort! Lovely covers, and that internal urban landscape is really beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well - what an adventure! I don't even try using my hot glue gun any more cos I always end up in a right mess!! Glad you persevered though as this is a great project..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire. This has to be one of the most beautiful domino books that I have seen...you must have very steady hands and tiny fingers!!! lol. It looks great Claire!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...