My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 30 June 2013

Mail time at FSC

Good morning my lovelies, how's your weekend going? Better than mine I hope, yesterday was  a nightmare, my shopping was nearly 2 hours late being delivered, the lawn mower gave up the ghost and I received a ginormous phone bill (but of course my son never phones mobiles from the landline lol). Anyway onward and upward, at least there's no post today so I can't get any more bills but talking of post we've got a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and our theme this time is 'Mail Time'. Our lucky winner will receive a voucher from our generous sponsor Leo at Flonzcraft so ink up those stamps and join in to be in with a chance of winning! If you need some inspiration check out my talented teamies fab creations.


I've got a bit of a thing for mail art, so I've thrown the lot at this project. I started with a bp from 7 Gypsies, distressed and layered up on some red card. I stamped the image (Two Birds on a Branch from Flonzcraft) on some of my fab perforated postage paper from Chocolate Baroque which I'd masked with some fine masking tape. I inked the around the image with distress ink and layered it up over a postcard blank (also from Chocolate Baroque. I added a postage stamp sentiment using a stamp and die from Whimsy stamps. The postmark and 'bon voyage' stamps are both from Choc Baroque. To finish off I've added some feathers,  sparkly red beads, riibbon, paper flowera and a rose made with tattered pine cone die.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Happy Campers: Bling
Inky Chicks: anything goes
Its all about the vintage: distressing/tearing
Rhedd and Rosie: take flight

Thanks so much for popping by today, have a great day
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Well your hard work paid of it's amazing!!I don't kknow how you come up with the ideas.

    Sorry you had a bad day hope today is better!!
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, only just found your blog, but I will be back!! Love everything about this, it's FAB! S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Claire. I love the image stamped on the perforated postage paper and all the detailing you have added looks fabulous.
    I hope you have a better day today
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme and love your card! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Claire, love the birds stamped onto the postage stamp paper. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, such a beautiful card, love the colours and the layout. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Claire love the layout and all the vintage goodies on there, thank you. For joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. love all the papers.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog. Hope we see your work again.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and design, super images as well.
    Yvonne z

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful idea and a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card Claire, love the way you have stamped the birds - really look like postage stamps!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, thanx so much for joining us at Cards und More, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire - love love love this - gorgeous colours and all those yummy mail art details ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire. These birds are one of my favourite Flonz stamps! An absolutely gorgeous layout and design! Gorgeously vintage in every way.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous papers. Love the flower cluster too all works together very well.

    Thank you so much for joining in with our 'Take Flight' Challenge over at Rhedd and Rosie's Anything Goes Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (Rhedd and Rosie DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, that's a fabulous card!Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good look!
    HUgs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is stunning, Claire! Fab papers!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at It's all about the Vintage and Beauty!
    Welcome to join our new fortnight challenge.

    If you are interested I am offering a blog candy
    on my blog.

    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Claire.

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...