My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Peacock Flowers from Chocolate Baroque

Morning all, hope you're having a good week. I've got a card to share, made using the gorgeous new peacock stamps from Chocolate Baroque today.

I've created a background using distress inks (Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers) and stamped the large Art Nouveau feather (from Tangled Peacock) in the corners with versamark before embossing with WOW Gold embossing powder. I made the flower by stamping the stylised peacock feather stamps on some scraps of backing paper from Peacock Summer Party. I embossed them with gold embossing powder, cut them out and layered them up to create the flower. In the centre I've added bottlecap with a glass cabochon. To finish off I've added some gold die cut swirls.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Friends: Favourite colour combo
Eureka Stamps: anything goes
Created with love: Your favourite things 
(My favourite things are Chocolate Baroque stamps, distress inks, WOW EPs)
Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. Quite spectacular with the effect of the glass cabochon & the gold. The metal of the bottle cap really accentuates the metallic of the gold embossing & I love the way you get an idea of the peacock's glassy eye with the cabochon too. (Well - that's what my brain did with it).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty I love it.It really is gorgeous.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and pretty colours / effects. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire - fantastically vibrant. I love how you have crafted the flower and its centre is stunning. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our Favorite Things challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made a stunning card, its asbsolutely beautiful... thanks for joining our challenge over at Crafty Friends this week, hope you can join us again.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so beautiful is your creation and thank you for joining our challenge st Crafty Friends Challenge "Favourite Colours Combination" good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wowzer!!! That's amazing!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  9. a riot of great colours x
    thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge x Trace x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...