My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 23 June 2013

Lots of layers at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies, hope you're having a good weekend. I haven't been around much over the past few days as my internet is really playing up, not sure if its the weather or what but hopefully it will soon be back to normal. Anyway back to the important stuff, we've got a new challenge starting at PanPastel UK and this week our theme is 'Lots of  Layers' . Of course you don't have to use PanPastels but we love it when you do :-) As usual our lucky winner will receive a fab PanPastel starter kit from Berni our lovely sponsor at Your Creativity Store although due to the latest increase in postage, the prize will only be available to UK entrants but of course there's always the honour of the PanPastel winners badge for your blog. Here's my DT project for this weeks challenge:


My lovely friend Shirley made a similar project to this a few weeks ago (have a look here, its fab!) and I just had to have a go at making one, Shirl was inspired by this video tut by the talented Miranda. I've used stamps by Indigo Blu and Chocolate Baroque, all the layers have been coloured with PanPasels (of course lol) in Magenta and Turquoise and distressed with a little black. I overstamped with a gorgeous button card stamp from Indigo Blu and added a little black velvet ribbon belt with a blingy buckle.


I popped my dress form up on a little cake stand thingy from the pack of Wendy Vecci art parts that i've been hoarding for ages, I gave it a coat of Maimeri Gesso, coloured with Pans and stamped with a fabric texture stamp from Indigo blu.. I've added lots of embellies, including paper flower, flowers made with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste and a silicone mould. I've also added a few charms, a butterfly,  a teeny tiny coathanger and a fan. I've also added lace, velvet ribbon and some iridescent bead trim. The sentiment is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque and I've popped it in a little frame from the pound shop. The dinky little cotton reel is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique, wound with some embroidery silk from my cross stitching days. 


I'm entering this one in the following challenges:
Crafty Friends: use a charm
Little Red Wagon: No patterned paper
Sparkles Forum: Vintage or steampunk
Sugar Creek Hollow: Mixed media

Thanks for popping by, have a lovely crafty day
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's just amazing!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire! An amazing and eye catching creation and the dress form idea is really clever too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Stunning Claire I like everything about it!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. woww, fabulous creation, big hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Claire, this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation Claire. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty friends and good luck
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire this is totally amazing, I love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is so beautiful! LOVE all the shabbiness and colors! Beautiful job! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sweetie
    So sorry the internet has been naughty for you I live in a small village and my internet is rubbish! I get really fed up when I hear London is getting even faster broadband speeds when I am lucky sometimes to get 4 meg!! Ok whine over! LOL

    I love your project it is sumptuous and the texture must be gorgeous. A well laid out and designed project!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project. Love how you've designed this and the colour palette is fab. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is amazing, love your beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous creation Claire! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at LRW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work Claire! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles Monthly's 'Steampunk/Vintage' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very unique and absolutely gorgeous Claire. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing 3D artwork. Gorgeous!! THanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning project, Love the dimensional design. Thank you for joining us over at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful project, love the vintage flair. Thank you for joining us at IBSIC. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning, it is a mini work of art. Thank you for linking up with IBS. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so lovely! The dimensional design really stands out. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired by Stamping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...