My lovely blogland friends

Friday 7 June 2013

Exciting News!!!

Good morning folks, I've got lots of exciting news to share this morning! I was over the moon when the lovely Nikky Hall asked me to join the Polka Doodles DT, and it took me about a millisecond to say yes lol. So today I'm sharing my first DT project for the new challenge over at Polkadoodles where the theme is to use your scraps to make a birthday card.


Now as a Polka Doodles newbie you'd think I didn't have too many scraps but I soon remedied that as I almost melted my printer with all the gorgeous bps from Nikky's fab cds so I'd got a heap of projects ready to put together and a heap of scraps too. For this card I've used the beautiful Pretty Sweet CD, it has the most scrummy bps and the images are just adorable. I made a kind of patchwork effect with some of the scraps, adding faux pearls in the corners and used peach card to mat and layer. The focal image is coloured with Graph'It markers, apart from the hair I just used the skintones to colour her dress. I looooove these pens! I die cut the image with nesties and stamped around the edges with flowers and foliage stamps from the clear stamp set 'Be Neighbours'.

I created a flower by die cutting some more scraps of backing paper and layering them up with some netting fabric flowers cut with the same die (tattered florals. I've added a Doodle dew drop to the centre of the flower. The sentiment is also from the CD, Nikky's cds have the most fab sentiments!. To finish off i've added a little seam binding bow, a button and some bakers twine.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft Room Challenge: use your scraps
Emma's Cards UK : anything goes
Inky Impressions: birthday/anniversary
Stamp and Create: Summer fun

The weekend is nearly here so I'll be watching the clock at work today. I hope you're going to have a rummage in your scrap box and join our challenge :-)
Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

17 comments:

  1. fabulous card Claire and just love the soft peachy colours!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire
    Congrats on the DT psotion!! Your crad is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Claire, i like the image the colours the flower and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card using up your scraps (even if you did print them specially!!). Love the colour choices and I'm a fan of Polkadoodles quirky style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats on your new DT place Claire.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the sweet image, beautiful papers and pretty flowers.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all a huge congratulations Claire. Secondly your project is just wow, beautifully coloured image, great colour combo and layout. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the dt gig and beautiful first dt card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card I love your image and your flowers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your DT position Claire - you'll be a great asset to the team. Your fist DT card is gorgeous - love the colour scheme, design and the sweet image.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, love how you stamped all round the edge of the image! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Claire. Your card is gorgeous, its a beautiful image.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations you must be over the moon. Your card is so pretty and the colours are so subtle and stylish. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you've used your scraps on your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. THis is just beautiful and well done!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card love the image and DP. Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great creation, thanks for joining TPS challenge!
    --Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...