Good morning folks, I managed to grab a few hours me time at the weekend and had loads of messy fun creating this altered bottle which is my entry for the Craft Stamper Make it, Take it challenge
where the theme is 'bottles'. I love to alter bottles and my son and his friends kindly make sure I've always got a good supply to alter lol. This one originally contained mango flavoured vodka but the lads made short work of that.
The pics are a little bit dark, the colours are more pastel in real life. I began by giving the bottle a coat of Maimeri gesso and once that was dry I sprayed with dylusions ink in green and turquoise and blended with a baby wipe. I usually make a real pigs ear of things with dylusions but the colours turned out really pretty this time so I'm a happy bunny. Once the ink was dry I added some texture with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste, adding some blobs with my fingers and popping some through a Crafters Workshop Harlequin template. After a bit more drying time I set to with my flitter glu and applied it to highlight the texture and the edges of the bottle. My goodness that stuff is sticky, and of course I forgot to wash my paws before I got the gilding flakes out. I used winter dawn, love this colour its so pretty.
The focal image is a stamp from Stampendous, I stamped it with memento tuxedo black and coloured with Graph'It markers. I stamped it again with flitter glu and gilded with Winter Dawn, cutting out the Eiffel tower and layering it up over the image. I also decoupaged the flowers too. I die cut the image with A spellbinders die and rubbed more flitter glu around the edge so I could gild that too.
As I wanted to tie the image on the bottle with ribbon, I die cut a basketweave shape with a spellbinders die, gilded it and cut it in half, popping half behind each side of the image. The little holes in the die cut are perfect for threading the ribbon through. The ribbon was dyed with distress inks in tumbled glass and shabby shutters.
The flowers were made with Crinoline fabric from The Funky Junkie boutique, I coloured it with a mixture of Maimeri Iridescent Paste and pink and blue dylusions inks, sprinkling a little glitter here and there for some sparkle. Once the fabric was dry I die cut it and layered up with white net to make flowers, the centres were made with some pearly beads from my stash.
To finish off I've made some glittered acetate butterflies.
I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Well I'd better get ready for work, at least its a short week this week and then I've got 10 days off yipppeeeeeee!! Have a great day and thanks for popping by