My lovely blogland friends

Monday 24 June 2013

Peacock Easel Card

Good morning my lovelies, todays card features one of the scrummy new stamps from Peacock Parade, one of this month's new stamp releases from Chocolate Baroque. I love the bright zingy colours we associate with peacocks but I decided to create a more muted project with a masculine feel so I've used blacks and greys (a bit like the sky here lately lol)



I used a shaped card blank and covered it with papers from the Peacock Summer Party Cd, adding faux stitching around the edges with a black fineline pen. I also covered another card front with the same paper for the front of the easel. I stamped the peacock 3 times with versamark on some pewter card  and embossed with sparkly black embossing powder. You can see the sparkle a little better in this pic


I've decoupaged the image and added some gems in the corners and created a large black bow to prop the easel up. I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
A gem of a challenge: male birthday
Dream Valley: fathers day/male theme
Joanna Sheen: fathers day/male theme
Little Claire's: Male theme
Scribbles Designs: Mainly men

Monday morning again so I'm off to work to earn some pennies
Thanks for popping by, have a happy Monday
Claire xx




15 comments:

  1. Wow Claire...this looks awesome!!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire

    This is a really unusual card it is beautifully put together! Chocolate Baroque! Now how could you be naughty enough to use that word! Chocolate! I shall have to go shopping now!!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Claire, such a gorgeous image and the colours are amazing
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peacocks and this is lovely, great male card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card and it will work well for a man

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile at this for I was thinking something similar with that very peacock image in terms of layering. Loe the soft elegance of this & I'd definitely class it as masculine too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peacock is amazing, I love the dimension. Beautiful creation. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Claire, the peacock is fabulous and I love the background.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Lovin those layers and bling.
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    DT Call at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is absolutely stunning. So love the dimension on the peacock's feathers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very elegant!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. I love it and so pleased you shared this with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs Challenge...

    Sandy S
    SDDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the image, shape and colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very cool. I like how you layered the stamp!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Scribbles Designs this month. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...