My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 2 June 2013

Tag it at PanPastel

Good morning folks, and a big warm welcome to my new followers! I'm back with my second post of the day, this time its my DT project for our new challenge at PanPastel UK where our theme is 'Tag it'. Our lucky winner will receive a fabby PanPastel starter set from Berni, our lovely sponsor from Your Creativity Store.

I've used some kraft resist as a base for my tag, coloured with violet PanPastel and overstamped with a swirl stamp from Indigo Blu, embossed with gold EP. I've added some seambinding and lace, coloured with PanPastel and created some embellies with Maimeri Mediums.

The keyhole was made by mixing Maimeri iridescent medium with violet PanPastel and 'buttering' it over a Chocolate Baroque stamp (from Key to my dreams stamp set) that I'd inked up with black stazon ink. It takes a couple of days to dry properly but I just love the way the medium picks up all the detail!! 


I've added a little metal butterfly (from The Ribbon Girl) which has been given a coat of Maimeri Gesso and coloured with violet PanPastel and a little treasure gold, i've added a little key for his body. The roses have been made by using some of the PanPastel/Iridescent paste in a silicone flower mould, again they take a good while to dry but I think they are so pretty. The gold flowers were made with Maimier Glassy gel and beadazzles, again using a silicone mould.

To finish off i've addded a die cut swirl and stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set.


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me: shabby chic
Make my Monday: handmade embellishments
Papercraft Star: handmade flowers

Well my week off work seems to have whizzed by and I'll be back at work tomorrow so I'm going to make the most of my last day of freedom lol. H
Have a lovely day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx


15 comments:

  1. This is stunning Claire. The keyhole looks amazing and the butterfly and roses are gorgeous.
    Enjoy your Sunday
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully crafted tag Claire with a great vintage feel to it.

    Hope you have a good Sunday and get some sunshine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous tag Claire. Love those little flowers. I've got some of those moulds which I've used with air dry clay and embossing powers. I'll have to try that paste now. I'm suspecting it will make a lighter (in weight) embellishment.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning tag! Beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is just gorgeous Claire, those little flowers are just beautiful and love the way you've used the paste medium on the keyhole stamp, something new for me to try :-) Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is beautiful... and those flowers... GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness this is gorgeous Claire! Love the way the PP's react with that kraft resist and I am amazed that you made all your own embellishments as they are so beautiful. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you know one of my favourite things to create are tags, I love the beautiful key hole, the gorgeous flowers and all the other embellies that make this tag so stunning. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag. The handmade flower is stunning. Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star.

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning tag Claire, I love the colours and your embellishments are beautiful.
    Have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!! Love all your detail! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so stunning Claire, I love the colours, the lace and those gold flourishes look so luxurious. I had a go at your technique with the stamps and mediums after seeing it on the PanPastel blog and LOVE it so thanks for sharing
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a scrumptious tag - such rich colours, and the gilded touches are fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...