My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 11 August 2010

A tiny Christmas card

Hi, a very quick Christmas card from me today (and a very flat one as I am still without a camera grrrrrrr). I got some freebie little pearlescent cards with some card stock and I've used on to make this weeks card for the challenge over at Bah Humbug which is 'Through the window' and Cardvaarks challenge which is to make a tag or mini card using some stamping.


I usually make large cards so this was a bit of a challenge but thats the point of challenges I suppose lol. I cut a square out of the card front and attached some acetate to the back, adding some silver border peel offs to look like leading  on the window.

I created a little brayered scene for the back of the card. I masked the moon and hills and added dots with a versamark pen for snow and then brayered with blue dye ink and then very lightly with black dye ink. I then sponged the hills with a little grey dye ink for some definition. I added the trees (Tim Holtz stamps) and then some glittery highlights with a quicky glue pen and some Glenda's Glitter in snowflake. The snowman is from an Elusive images themeplate, stamped and coloured with promarkers and sakura stardust highlights.

I'm also entering this card in this weeks challenge from Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge which is Snowmen

Thanks for calling by
Claire xx


19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire, great scene, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love brayering backgrounds, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Claire,I love the brayering.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Claire, the brayering looks gorgeous!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card your brayering is smashing. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love cards with this window effect. The scene is fabulous and so is that snowman, Thanks for joining DCD Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I like this looooots.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Claire. I can't believe we're beginning to prepare for Christmas already, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card and I love the window effect too-super cute image! Thanks for playing at DCD's Christmas Challenge! xoxo Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely winter window image. Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet winter window scene and that snowman is adorable! Great job. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Claire I do love that window effect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Claire. Love how you have used simple peel offs on acetate to create your window. Thanks also for the details of how you created your beautiful background. Am a bit late in visiting because your comment and link was one of those which somehow landed in the 'spam' folder - a new feature of moderated blogs so I apologise for not realising sooner.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Claire

    What a fabulous card, I love every detail. the brayed background is fantastic, and I love your little snowman. So sorry to be late in commenting on your card.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latet challange at Bah!Humbug.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...