My lovely blogland friends

Monday 9 August 2010

Michelle Perkett DT Call

Good morning, I really should change the name of my blog to 'Crafting with the Lark' or something as I'm going through a phase of getting up at 5am, still it gives me more time to craft so I shouldn't complain.

Michelle Perkett has a DT call out over on her challenge blog, now I'm a huge fan of Michelle's digi stamps, they are all so beautiful and delicate (have a look in Michelle's store and you'll just fall in love with them all!!) BUT I'm really busy at work at the minute. I've been ummming and ahhing about putting in for the DT call but finally decided to go for it as crafting is much more important than work lol!

To enter the DT call, Michelle has kindly provided one of her lovely images to make a card and this is what i've come up with


The image is coloured with promarkers and then I embossed the icing with some blue shimmery EP and added a little glitter to the plate. I've cut the image out and popped it up on 3d foam on a circular mat which I dusted with blue ink and embossed with swirls (using a HOTP stamp) in the same shimmery EP. I've added a doiley (you've got to have a doiley with cake lol) which has been inked and also has some little dots of pale blue stickled. The bp is from Joanna Sheen and the blue glitter card and lace are from my stash.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
My time to Craft: Eat cake or drink it up
I love promarkers: Sketch and no more than 3 colours
Our creative corner: Its embossable
Stamp Something: photo inspiration

Usually at this time, I'd be rushing round getting ready for work but I have the day off today AND the sun is shining. Thanks for looking,  I hope your week gets off to a good start too :-)
Claire xx

26 comments:

  1. You really should be called a lark if you were up crafting that early on a day off!! Lovely card, good luck with the DT call. Enjoy the rest of your day. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love all your lacey bits. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and good luck with the DT call.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty ... thanks for joining us at CCCB ... good luck with the DT call

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Michelle's images are gorgeous. Good luck with the DT call. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, this is so pretty!! I love how you colored the cake and just love that you put it on a doiley!!:) Beautiful papers with the flower designs! I love it! Thank you for applying for the DT!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very lovely!! Scrumptious indeed!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cake is indeed extra special off a doiley. LOL. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Good luck with the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card, the colours are so delicate. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue, my favourite colour! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck hun, you know you can rock it on any team. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those laces are way to pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooooooooooooooooh! look at all that gorgeous and elegant lace--i ♥LOVE♥ it! (unfortunately, i kind of want cake now, too, though!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous colors on yet another beauty! Your coloring is exquisite and I love all of the details! I love how you used the doily, too! Loving the circular spotlight on the image and those yummy papers! Best of luck on making the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card and love the colours. Good luck with the DT call. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, great colouring, thanks for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely doily and lace and beautiful colouring on a great image. Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Claire, this is so pretty! I love the soft pastel colors and all your embellishments. Good luck in the DT call.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Claire, this is really gorgeous, love those soft blues!! Good luck on the DT call.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a super cute image. Love the colours and the paper doilie. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delicious card Claire ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is lovely. Beautiful frilly, feminine feel to it and that blue is just luscious! Great job on the embossing challenge. So happy you could join in the fun this week with Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a fabulous Birthday card, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous Claire! You know how much I love your work...it always inspires me. All the best for the DT call.
    hugs
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...