My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 14 August 2010

Carnival Time at Sweet Pea Stampers


Its 3rd time lucky with this card as I've 2 weeks running I finished my card too late for the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge but I made it this week. This week the theme is Carnival colours so I've used some bright primary coloured acrylic paints as a starting point and splodged them randomly on some card before spraying with coordinating glimmer mists. While it was wet I used stuck  bubble wrap to an acrylic block and lighly coated it with metallic gold paint and stamped it around the edges. Once it was dry I overstamped with a big flourishy corner stamp from Elusive Images using black versamark and distressed the edges with the same ink. I then rubbed it lightly with tissue so the black faded into the background.

The flowers are made with tissue coloured with the left over paint from making the background, cut into circles, scrinched and layered up. The Venetian mask is a fab digi stamp from Crafty Ann's which is coloured with promarkers and triple embossed.

The main image is Midnight Waiting by ching chou kuik coloured with promarkers. I used crackle accents on the wings and then once it was dry rubbed in some red stickles. The background is painted with glimmer mists. The image is matted on red and black card. To finish off i added some black velvet ribbon and stamped a sentiment from Crafters Companion on the background.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Cute card Thursday : Tree-mendous (the tree in the background behind the image)
Daring Cardmakers: Tree-mendous
Thanks for looking. I hope you are having a good weekend and get a little sunshine. Its dreadful weather here - really cloudy and rainy.
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. terrific colours, love it. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Claire this is excellent I love the techniques you have used to create that lush background the use of Crafty Ann's mask is brilliant so is the image oooo I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Claire. The background is truly a work of art. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing ammount of work you've put into this card!!! And it shows!! Fabulous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love these images, and girl, you have just dazzled me with your talents! Wonderful piece of art! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is brilliant I am so glad you made it this month to join us. I love the way you have made the backing paper and the mask is a perfect touch :D
    Thank you for joining us a sweet pea stampers and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire a fantastic card I love the mask a fantastic touch. Please make sure you link to the post at the top of our blog which is the August Entrants candy so you are in with a chance of the $20 spending spree. Hugs pascale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire

    Wow this is stunning, love the background, Inever use my acrylic paints enough for this type of thing.

    Love tha mask!
    Thanks for joining us over at Sweet Pea Stampers this week. Miss you over on Cowgirls ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sumptuous background in the primary colours. Very dramatic.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card!
    thanks for playing with us at CCT
    christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely and yes bright!!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful! your colouring is amazing! as is that beautiful background! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claire, this is amazing. You used so many techniques, it blows me away. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think this is my favorite card ever! WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a striking piece! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...