My lovely blogland friends

Monday 9 August 2010

Oops i did it again....

Every week I start a card for the Sweet Pea Stampers challenge but I never get it finished in time! I've just  finished my card today and I really enjoyed making it and  it fits the bill for lots of other challenges so all is not lost. Although talking of lost, my camera is lost and I'm not a happy bunny. My DS borrowed it on Saturday to go to a party and came in at 8am on Sunday, rather the worse for wear with a broken phone (he'd dropped it in his beer) and no camera! He's going to be on the naughty step for a long time for this one.

Anyway here is my card,


I've used this weeks sketch from C.R.A.F.T challenges for the layout, the main backing paper is from an Artylicious cd and the deeper purple panel is a bp I made with radiant rain paint dabbers and starburst stains. I stamped and embossed an Elusive images swirl around the purple panel and then drew round the oval on the backing paper and did the same around that. I added some purple ribbon to the panel and attached the tag with a metal butterfly charm. The tag is a creative acrylic piece which has been embossed on the back with lilac and green shimmery EPs and on the front with the word 'Magical' which is a sentiment from Sweet Pea Stamps.

The main image is  one of my favourite sweet pea stamps, Ching Chou Kuik's 'Full Moon'. I stamped the image and masked it before stamping the tree, foliage (all using Elusive Images Stamps) and inked in a  cloudy sky. I then removed the mask and coloured the image with promarkers and embossed her  wings with clear sparkle EP. I've attached it with 3d foam and added some roses made from strips of canvas coloured with glimmer mists and lilac stickles and some leaves cut on my cricut.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me: Purple and Green
OSAAT: Mystical
Simon Says Stamp and Show:Things with wings
Alphabet challenge: O is for ovals
Craft your Days away: Use your favourite things (lots of my favourite things in this card - the colours, the stamps, I also love masking and getting inky too.)
Paper Sundaes: Metal (the little butterfly charm)

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

32 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Claire. Such a shame you can't enter it into Sweet Peas Challenge too.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how PRETTY is your card!!!! and all that YUMMY purple!!! So very sorry to hear about your camera...that really stinks!!!

    Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Claire - Thank you for joining in with our very first Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Claire, what a beautiful card to go with a very sad story haha..I can only laugh because I have a DD that has done the same thing to me, only not with beer, with a ride at the county fair..best not be beer at only 16 lol...thank you for sharing your sad story and beautiful talent with us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that image, your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blimey Claire, you dont look anywhere near old enough to have a son of an age for beer!!! I did giggle at the naughty step comment, if only there was one big enough eh?!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card...love the colour combo..thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Claire. I love the image & colours. Hope he buys you a new camera! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that butterfly charm! The flowers are really pretty too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Claire. The naughty step can be a great place to be, one of my grand-daughters takes herself off there, just in case.....that girl is such a planner........lol
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, perhaps someone will find your camera, if they have some pictures left on it! Lovely card, love the wording down the side. Thank you for joining OSAAT's Magical Challenge this week

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card thanks for entering at OSAAT
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, Claire. Lovely image.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable Claire, I love the sweet pea image and the background image too. The colour combo is gorgeous. I do hope he is going to buy you a mega mega camera to replace the one he lost. Naughty step, he would be in the dog house for at least a month. lol. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Claire lovely image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire, this is so beautiful, and I SO love those purples! You definitely gave us Drunken Stampers a reason to say "Cheers!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire

    Stunning!! What are you like missing the deadline for the Sweet Pea Stampers challenge?? This weeks challenge is "Carnival Colours" so make sure to get your card finished on time as there is an extra monthly prize of $20 to spend in the Sweet Pea stamp store - I want that prize lol!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Sweet Pea images & this card is so pretty! I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts a card for a challenge & doesn't get done in time :)
    Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is gorgeous; I love everything about it! Thanks very much for sharing with us at OSAAT and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Claire - and a fab 'take' on my sketch.
    Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I just love this card and all the detail you have put on it. Thanks for joining in our first CYDA Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the image and coloring! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just gorgeous hun. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our Challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week with Ei's Sketch! A really lovely card - sorry to hear about the camera - don't you have a naughty cupboard! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful mystical card!!

    Thank you for sharing with us this week at OSAAT's Mystical Challenge!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  28. wonderful! love how you stamped the backgroud behind the fairy! Great papers and charm too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just gorgeous, and I love your pixie!

    Thanks for the laugh at your son's cell phone vs beer difficulties (sorry about your camera, though)!

    Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Claire, you have put a lot of work into this card and hope the lucky recipient appreciates it. I would love to have the time to experiment with making my own papers using different mediums of ink and making out your images, something I need more practice on and background stamps of course. I'll pop back to see more of your creations. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have some candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

    ReplyDelete
  31. your card is lovely, those colours go together brilliantly, thank you for joining in at crafts and me this week. Good Luck.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...