My lovely blogland friends

Monday 2 August 2010

Snowman

I've booked a days leave today, omg its bliss not to have to rush out to work on a Monday morning! I have got some decorating to do though (YUK) but before I start, here's my latest addtion to my ever growing box of Christmas cards


I fancied a bit of messy crafting yesterday an made some bps with my starburst stains - the two on this card are both made with 'Frosted  forget-me-nots'. The lower paper is made by brushing the stain onto copier paper and scrunching it up for a bit of texture. To make the top paper, I stamped some snowflakes on a sheet of copier paper and embossed them with clear EP before brushing on loads of stain. They are so shimmery its hard to get a decent pic.

The little snowman was an image given to me so I don't know the stamp but he's a real cutie, coloured with promarkers and some polar white flowersoft and snowflake glitter on his hat and mittens. I've torn some sheets of white card and added flowersoft and glitter to the edges to make the snowdrifts.

 The lantern embellie, is a glimmer chip, embossed around the edged with icicle tex EP and then painted with some cosmic shimmer powders to add the light effect. Once the paint was dry, I drew some criss cross lines with a black pen and embossed the with clear EP. The sentiment is a stamp from Joanna Sheen, it reads 'Snowmen fall from heaven unassembled'. I've stamped it on a creative acrylic piece with black stazon and then embossed the back with shimmery blue EP and attached it with some blue sparkly ribbon

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Bah Humbug: Paper Tearing
Tuesday Taggers: Christmas in July
I love Promarkers: Christmas in July
Stamp something: Christmas in July
Our creative corner: All about Christmas

Thanks for looking, I hope you are having a good Monday morning.
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, thought I would stop by and say hello...Love your card and the little snow man is so cute...by the way love your blog it's fabo
    Huggs
    Lynn :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner Claire - just gorgeous and that snowman is such a cutie.
    ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love how he's behind the snow drift. A very clever card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Claire, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Claire, and another gorgeous card. I can see all the effort you have gone to. You are right, that snowman stamp is a really cutie and you have done him justice here. Great card! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Claire

    Another stunning, gorgeous card. I love the snowman he looks so jolly and cheeky!!! Fabulous snow effect with the torn card and glitter/flowersoft.

    Hope you had a perfect day off.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire that is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love the texture on this card and the scene you have created for the little snowman, thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you back for the next challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Claire, love all the layers and textures you have incorporated. Can almost hear the snow scrunch!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely Christmas card and a great entry for this weeks challenge at TT
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really beautiful card Claire. I wish I'd made a start on my cards. I bet you have loads of stunning creations ready to send out in December, x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card... thanks for joining us at Tuesday taggers this week.
    lynx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this happy little snowman. A truly great card. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Claire, this snowie is one of my favourite stamps! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Claire. It is nice to get messy every now and then isn't it. I can't get messy when OH is around as he is a tidy freak. LOL!!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic card! I love the background it looks great. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is absolutely fabulous Claire I so love the techniques you have used to create that beautiful background and the image is super cute I am loving this so much.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is gorgeous. Love all the sparkle. Great image. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fab Claire, I do like these backgrounds and it is nice to get messy. I do like that snowman now that is my kind of stamp such a cutie but suitable for everyone.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, love the cheeky snowman and the effect with the stains is fab, I am going to get some. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another brilliant card Claire - the flower soft really adds super snowy texture to the torn edges.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...