My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Michelle Perkett, new DT and a new challenge...

Hi everyone, Michelle Perkett has a new DT and I'm so pleased to be one of  Michelle's mermaids (I just wish I was as glamourous as Michelle's digi mermaids lol). I fell in love with Michelle's images soon after I found Blogland and I've loved working with them ever since. Michelle creates the most beautiful whimsical images ( have a look in her store here).

The first challenge over at Michelle Perkett Design Studio is an easy one ... Anything goes as long as you use one of Michelle's images (you can get some fab freebies from Michelle's groups on CDAC, PCP and SNR if you don't have any). I've used the lovely Forest Fairy for this card


Sorry about the photo, its not too good as I'm still learning to drive my new camera lol. I've coloured Forest Fairy with promarkers and added some sakura clear stardust to her wings. I love the sentiment with this image, its really beautiful. The backing paper is from Joanna Sheen's art deco range and I though the plants and birds were perfect with this fairy. I've also used green card, beige velvet ribbon, green lace from my stash. The leaves are cut with my cuttlebug and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Flutter by Wednesday: Open challenge although you must use a butterfly, angel or fairy
Everybody art Challenge: In the garden (I don't know if there are any fairies in my garden but I have a big willow tree and when my son was a little boy he really thought that fairies lived in it lol
Play date Cafe: Dark Brown, green and beige

I've just realised this card has a bit of an Autumn vibe so sorry for the  reminder that summer is nearly over, hopefully we will get some sunshine and blue sky before autumn is here
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful image, wonderful coloring. Congrats on your new DT. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card!! Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow just gorgeous!! absolutley love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Claire,and a great image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Claire,loving the image and love the leaves.Well done on becoming a DT girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Claire! I love the added leaves, so beautiful!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Claire, love the image. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Claire. Love the image and the colours you've used, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Claire I am so happy for you and even happier that I am one of your followers or I would miss so much beauty, creativity and inspiration which is what I am seeing here, that image is stunning, coloured beautifully and I love your papers/design.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Claire! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Claire, on your new DT! You are going to be one very busy lady!!! Great card, love the colors, and the beautiful image. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! The image is beautiful. The background is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Claire your Forest Fairy card is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on being on the MPS design team with all of us, we're going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a LOVELY card! Huge congrats to you and your new DT position! That fairy IS lovely, and those embossed leaves have me all-a-twitter! Thank you, so much, for sharing this card with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful card !! I love the beautiful fairy image and the colours !!thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs tina46
    eac-team

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire - catching up on your latest posts. Love this card! Beautiful work. And thanks for the kind email.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That fairy just screams GORGEOUS:) I love it! Great job at the color story and combining it with another challenge:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...