My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 1 August 2010

Carnation in May

I've used Ching chou Kuik's 'Carnation of May' for this card, not your traditional carnation colours though lol. I though these mermaids would look good in green and turquoise


The main image is coloured with promarkers with some stickles for highlights, dusted with green ink around the edges, stamped with a HOTP swirl and matted on some black card. I've used a piece of coredinations whitewash card which is cuttlebugged with the swirls folder and sanded to show the green a little, this layer has some black lace and green velvet ribbon around it. The bps are from Crafty Ann and K&Co. The sentiment is from Elusive images and I added  a couple more grungepaper roses (fabby tutorial here on Lynne's blog), glimmer misted with various shades of green and added some lime stickles to bling them up.

I started making this one for this weeks challenge from Sweet pea stampers but was too late (I always do that lol) but I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Paper Jewels: Monochromatic
Craftalicious : Make your own flowers

Thanks for looking, I hope you've had a good weekend.
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Claire, I love the design you've used. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Claire.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Claire, this is gorgeous especially your roses. Beautifully coloured and I love you bp's
    Lovely image too from Sweet Pea
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire, like you I had ambitions to join in with the Sweetpea challenge but I haven't even got as far as you have.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card Claire.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
    ps I have candy on my blog if you would like to pop over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the swirls around the edge of the image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Claire.The image is stunning,coloured really well and i love the papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire you know how to amaze me again and again with your fabulous cards. I love this beauty you made!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Claire I love your swirls around the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab card. Love the colouring and the layout. Thank you so much for joining us at PfP this week. Good luck.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design and beautiful colouring, Claire! Thanks for taking part in our latest challenge at PFP. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, i love the beautiful image and your flowers are fab. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is a real beauty Claire, love the layout, the image and the roses are just perfect.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWWWWW Claire this is absolutely stunning what beautiful colours and image you have done a wonderful job here.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty card Claire. Love the colours, x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous card! I love the LO and the elegant papers you used, thanks for playing along in the Paper Jewels challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a gorgeous card...great L/O and loving the swirls :-)...thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire.
    Love this. It's so elegant & totally stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous card Claire. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wowww... I'm blown away by the beauty of your card! Gorgeous image with great colouring!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Donnas Den of Crafts Challenge :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...