My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 24 August 2010

A little birdie....

This weeks challenge from Allsorts is to make a little something - less than 3" in size. I've had this tiny canvas for ages so this was a perfect opportunity to have a play


I used ecogreen paint in ocean and tidepool and blobbed them on the canvas before spreading them around with a palette knife for some texture, while the paint was wet I sprinkled on some glitter. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the little bird in a tree with black versafine. I painted a scrap of card with lime shimmery paint and stamped the bird again. I also applied some blobs of the lime paint to the tree and then some lime stickles. I attached the bird with some silicone glue for a little dimension and added some feathers (kindly donated by my parrot Sammy lol)

I'm entering my little canvas in the following challenges

Play Date Cafe: this gorgeous colour combo


Totally Stampalicious: Texture - licious!!
Tuesday Taggers - Inspired by a poem ( how about Ode to a Nightingale?)

Thanks for calling by, I hope you like my little canvas. We had blue sky and sunshine first thing but by 10.30 it was pouring with rain so I had to abandon my plans to do some weeding and potter in my craft room instead. What a shame lol.
Claire xx

26 comments:

  1. i see you entered the tuesday taggers challenge this week. snap! i went for ode to a nightingale too!!! LOL!!
    love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How artsy, Claire! I love the intense colors you used, from PDDC. I played there too this time, but my card is much more CAS! You went to far greater lengths to achieve this beauty. Hope you win something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation Claire, love the addition Sammy's feathers.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my Claire, this is really gorgeous!!! I love everything about it...wonderful piece of art!!!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one word.... Wow!!!!!
    I saw this when I came commenting for the MPS card....
    funny detail... my next MPS card has the same bird... giggle...
    Think we're sisters in crafting. LOL
    Love you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Claire. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous canvas Claire, very pretty indeed. Thanks for joining the TT challenge this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Claire how beautiful is this I love the sound of the techniques you have used the colour and images are terrific.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vision of lovelyness hope sammy doesn't get jealousy of the pretty birdy :)
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning canvas Claire, I love it and the colours are just so lush!

    Theres something over at mine just for you!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, Claire! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun! Love the glitter and the layering of the paint. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful canvas! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. GET OUT--love those feathers on the bird! SO fun! I love this entire piece:) You rock! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous - love the shimmer and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely canvas great paint effects, still hoping to get my under 3" canvas done! Thank you for sharing this with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! Claire this is so gorgeous. Love the colours.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!! Claire this is gorgeous. I love the colours.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow wow wow!!! Just STUNNING!!! Love the sparkle! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my!! This is exquisite, Claire.
    Such beautiful colours and all this lovely detail in just 3" - fantastic :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Claire, your tiny canvas is amazing! I don't know how you worked with something that tiny, but it turned out so beautiful. I do love that color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh I just LOVE this, the colours the bird the feathers.....everything!!

    thanks for taking up my minisature challenge on Allsorts this week :o)

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a beautiful creation, it's really pretty
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Poetically beautiful! Thanks for joining in at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The canvas is stunning. The clour is gorgeous. Thanks playing along with TT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...