My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 21 August 2010

Its here!! The first challenge over at Let's ink it up



Its finally here, our first challenge at Let's Ink it Up and we have made it easy for you this time. The challenge is 'Anything Goes' but with a twist, you must use some yellow in your project, even if its just a tiny bit! Of course LIIU is all about rubber/clear stamping so the focal point of your card must be a rubber/clear stamped image. We have a great prize for the winner:
 Scrapbook Boutique are sponsoring the challenge and have generously donated a $20 voucher for the store


Here is my creation to (hopefully) inspire you to create with us at LIIU this time:


I've had this canvas in my head for ages and I've loved every messy minute of creating it. All the stamps used are from Elusive Images. I began by colouring the canvas with ecogreen paints in butternut and clamshell and then oversprayed with glimmer mists in daffodil and starfish. I tore strips from a roll of canvas and coloured them with the leftove painty inky mess on my craft mat. Once they were dry I rolled them into little roses and highlighted them with gold stickles.

The main image was created using by stamping leaves and plants from EI Autumn Hedgerow themeplate with versamark on coated cardstock, I wanted it too look a bit misty so I sponged some dye  inks on rather than brayering it for a change. I then stamped and embossed the tree and fairy with Ranger Queen's Gold EP. I used mother of pearl mica flakes to add foliage to the tree, i love the effect they've created so I'll probably be putting them on everything now lol. The toadstools and unicorn were embossed in the same EP on scraps of white card and coloured with promarkers before being attached to the main image with silicone glue.

I made the frame by cutting out on my cricut and painting with Ecogreen paints in pomegranate and clamshell. Once it was dry I embossed with gold EP and a swirl stamp from EI. I ran a versamark pen around the inside and outside edges and again embossed in gold. I arranged the canvas roses and added some vellum leaves (from EI Diamante Delights themeplate) and some grungeboard flourishes (again embossed with gold EP). To finish the canvas I attached some lace and pink velvet ribbon to the bottom.

I'm entering my canvas in the following challenges:
Sir Stampalot: Bring on the bling
Oh Alice: Prizes for dodo
The Pink Elephant: ribbon and sparkles 

I hope you are going to get inky with us over at Let's Ink It Up, you have 2 weeks to wow us with your stamped creation so I can't wait to see what you come up with. Whether your style is cute, grungy, or whatever we want to see what you can do with your rubber!! Dont' forget to check out my teamies fabby blogs for more inspiration, they have really excelled themselves with their DT projects for our first challenge!
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. OMG Claire, this is GORGEOUS, I love the roses you created yourself, actually I LOVE it all. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire what a stunning debut creation! I hope to join in this challenge and wish you and the rest of the DT all the best and much success.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the delicate colours of this card Claire.
    Hugs
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning. I love your colours and flowers :)

    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty!! Love those flowers and lace ribbon! Thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful Claire, I love the unicorn and the fairy. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Claire

    What a devine creation. Your have achieved a super belnd of colours and the flowers and firy image all add up to a lovely piece of work.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Claire.I love everything you`ve done.It must of took ages,but it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire

    Stunning creation, lovely colours and beautiful image.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a MAGICAL creation. Love the way you created the canvas roses, they look so pretty nestled in with the vellum leaves. The mica flake tree is FAB! Thanks for playing along with Oh, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is magical Claire. A beautiful scene and gorgeous flowers. I love it all.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely inspired me, this is gorgeous. Very creative stamping. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Devine is the word that popped to mind when I first saw this gorgeous card!!! Amazing job Claire!! Hugzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word! This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful details, and your soft palette is perfect with this image. What a fun challenge, and way to go on all the additional ones too! Thank you so much for joining us in our Ribbons and Sparkles challenge at TPE this week!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! Great use of flowers and such a wonderful image! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations 3D Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Claire this is gorgeous!!! love the delicate colors and beautiful flowers with this magical scene! Breathtaking!!!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!!Gorgeous Claire.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! what a gorgalicious card. Thanks for sharing all the details. Someday I may have to attempt it.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  20. A magical moment when you look at this - stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...