My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 January 2015

Something new at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello my lovelies, its challenge time at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time around the theme is 'Something new' so its a good excuse to use your new stash or perhaps make a new home or new baby car. As always our lucky winner will receive a $20 voucher from Flonzcraft so I hope you're going to join in with us. Don't forget though, we're a stamping challenge so no digistamps are allowed!


For my card I've used one of my new Flonzcraft stamps, this one is called Pine Tree Sequoia and you can find it here. I began by creating a background using a Clarity Stamp and distress inks in shades of blue with a little black soot around the edges.

I stamped the image with versamark and clear embossing powder and inked with Chipped Sapphire and black soot distress ink before applying Ranger frosted film. I've had it ages but I don't think i've ever used it before but it gives a lovely effect in real life.


I added a Sizzix die cut bird and branch and stamped a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: x for xperiment (using frosted film)
Crafts 4 Eternity: blue tones
Crafty Calendar: What's new
Die Cut Divas: anything goes
Scrapbooker phd: Masculine birthday plus die cut

If you've got time pop over and check out my DT sisters projects, as always they have created some gorgeous artwork!
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. WOWZER!!! that is one gorgeous card I love the misty cool look of it I love it.
    You could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inking in your background and lovely design with the bird & branch. Never used frosted film either, looks interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Claire, love the frosty look of the background, and I've never used frosted film either. Great design too.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background Claire love the cool icy feel of this, fab card.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Claire. I love the tree branch and the colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty with the gorgeous background and highlighted panel. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely winter birthday card! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "W is for WOW it's cold" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Claire and what a fabulous make for FSC. Love what you did with the tree stamp.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Nice detailed layers. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks so amazing, especially the background. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Anything Goes Challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! The frosted film technique is just beautiful. I need to try it. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire - beautiful, atmospheric card, that Clarity stamps stencil is one of my favs and love how you've worked it with the Flonz stamp - perfect match !! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background. WOW sensation.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I love this card, your background looks amazing with the branch so solid in the foreground.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely gorgeous. The deep tones in the background make this scene so realistic. Just beautiful. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's masculine birthday card challenge this month. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...