My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 28 January 2015

A new colour challenge from Chocolate Baroque!

Good morning folks, my card today is inspiration for our colour challenge at Chocolate Baroque Challenge where as always we have a lovely colour palette to inspire you



I always start by choosing some inks and for this challenge I picked out Gathered Twigs, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw and set to creating an inky background for my card.


The focal image is one of the gorgeous new stamps, Landscape Collage which is an individual stamp. I stamped it with Potting Soil Archival ink and watercoloured with my distress inks and then distressed the edges with spiced marmalade and gathered twigs distress inks.

To create the background I used some of my favourite tree stamps from 'Terrific Treescapes' inking them up with Gathered twigs at the bottom and Shabby Shutters at the top and stamped them to create a landscape. Next I stamped the grasses in and distressed the edges with Shabby Shutters and Gathered Twigs. To finish off I've added a seam binding bow and a button topped with a twine bow.



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft your Passion: Anything goes
Dream Valley: anything goes
Inky Chicks: Anything goes

Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Claire and I love the colours you picked to go with the challenge .

    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous scene, wonderful colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! Love the Treescapes stamps in this lovely background as well as the foreground image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Claire - I love how you've used the colours, and the shape is great too. I love those trees in the background - delicate and so pretty.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Claire! Love the colors and layers. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks so full of depth and beauty Claire.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...