My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 8 January 2015

All of a Flutter from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, todays card features this month's new release stamps from  Chocolate Baroque which are perfect for getting ahead with those Valentine projects. This card uses stamps from Fluttering Hearts with one of the borders from Poppy Edges which co-ordinates beautifully with the new stamps.


I began by stamping the floral edge stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of stamping card. I took a larger piece of card and stamped both the large and small bird/heart stamps, again with Memento Ink. I used Graph'It markers to colour the images before cutting out the floral edge.

I took a cloud template that I'd cut from some scrap card and used PanPastels to create a cloudy effect in the background. PanPastels are perfect for this as if you go over the image you can use a pencil eraser to remove the colour. I layered the floral edge over the little scene with 3d foam and used a layer of white and then pink card to mat the scene. Lastly I stamped the sentiment with black ink.



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Creative Colours: pink.blue white, flowers plus a sentiment
My Craft Creations: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy: anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting today, 
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! What a beautiful card. Love the that sentiment with this adorable image. Great Layout too. Thank you for joining us at Lil’ Patch of Crafty Friends this Challenge and Good Luck. We sure hope you join us again.

    Amy- DT Lil’ Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow... gorgeous.. love the background so much.. and your colouring is great... Thank you for playing along with our 1st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... Good luck and hope to see you again in the next challenge.. ;) <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the flowers pop on this card! Be sure to post the photo of our color palette for this challenge to your post. Thanks for playing along with us and good luck!

    Kim CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your beautiful card over at Papertake Weekly Challenges. I just had to come take a better look. You are very creative and I love you wonderful coloring. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Lovely card. Make sure to post our color palette aswell. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck.

    Hugs
    DT Creative Colors Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so perfect for ur color palette. So adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CCC#27. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow brilliant card, love the take on the picture and the background is awesome, also love the colours of your image. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you for C#2
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colors, Claire, and those clouds are marvelous! Thanks so much for playing along in our very first ever "Anything Goes" challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this fortnight. Good luck and I hope we see you again in the next challenge. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy hope to see you again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, what a stunning card! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge #27! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...