My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Glitz and Glamour

Good morning my lovelies, how's your week going? Well i'm half way through my week off work and so far I don't seem to have had a minute. Why are there always  jobs to catch up with when you have days off work? My card today is my entry for the Indigo Blu Challenge where the theme is 'Glitz and Glamour'.  I haven't had time to play along for a wee while so I was pleased to grab an hour in my craft room to make this card.


I began by making the background which uses stamps from the Boadicea stamp set plus the english Flourish dinkie stamp. Istamped the flower borders using both Memento tuxedo Black and flitter glu. The words were just stamped with Memento and the flourished just with flitter glu. I then applied silver holographic glitter to the flitter glu.


I did the same with the focal image, stamping with both Flitter Glu and memento ink and adding glitter. I coloured the image and the flowers on the background with Graph'it markers.
I just matted on black card and added some red ribbon and a sparkly button to finish off.

All the time I was making this card I was dreading trying to take a photo of it. Anyone who visits regularly will know that i'm photographically challenged lol and anything silver is such a horror to photograph I was nearly having a breakdown at the thought of it. 
So I must give a special thank you to my lovely friend Flo who has kindly given me some tips to help improve my pics, pop over to her blog and check out her beautiful artwork and stunning photos too. This was my first attempt and i'm so pleased with the result

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges.
Bunny Zoe's: anything goes
Card mania: make it sparkle
Clear it out: anything goes
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes
Glitter and Sparkle: anything goes
Love to Create: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Sparkle and sprinkle: anything goes with glitter, embossing powder or flocking
Tuesday Throwdown: Favourite embellishment (ribbon)

I'm spending this morning decluttering my wardrobes, goodness me how on earth did I end up with so many clothes?? Hopefully I'll be able to whizz through it and I'll be able to sneak off to my craft room for a little play.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Stunning, love her red dress :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Claire, I like everything about it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project...thanks for joining us here @ CIO challenge blog hope you stop by again to play <((><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, very pretty and striking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Boadicea in red! Fab card, English flourish is one of my favourite stamps, and I LOVE the holographic glitter! Thank you for joining us at Indigoblu this month, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card.The touches of red make it stand out so well.

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely and I love the touches of red. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Glitter and Sparkle! Hope to see you next time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely, the coloring especially. Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafting From The Heart!! Hope to see you again soon! —Lisa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool card - Love it :)

    Linda DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card design and the red just pops! I love the glittery swirls also. Thanks for joining the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thank you for taking part in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab - u - lous! Love the splash of red! Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...