My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 13 April 2013

Proud as a peacock

Good morning folks, weekend is here at last and before I go and get inky in my craft room here's a card featuring the gorgeous Indian Textiles stamps, one of this month's new releases from Chocolate Baroque.  


I began by making an inky background using distress inks (peacock feathers, picked raspberry and mowed lawn) and a spritz of water on my SplodgeAway mat and once the inks were dry I over stamped with the large ornate flower using gold stazon, it doesn't show up too well in the photo unfortunately. I then stamped the Taj Mahal silhouette with versamark and embossed with WOW gold EP. 



The peacock image was coloured with Graph'It markers and promarkers and die cut with spellbinders .I've added a gold die cut to frame the peacock and some ribbon and a peacock charm from my stash.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
ABC Challenge: pink, green and blue
Card Crafters Circle: die cuts and/or dry embossing
Creative moments: things with wings
Inky chicks: use a background image
Make My Monday: create your own background

Thanks for popping by,
have a good weekend
Claire xx



12 comments:

  1. This is totally stunning, - LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Such a gorgeous Peacock and amazing colouring. I love the background and the gold detailing too.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous background - lovely colours - and a fab card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire! This is just stunning. I love the deep rich colors you've chosen along with the gold. Perfection! Have a great weekend. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, the background is amazing.
    Your new profile photos looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness - the gold just really brings out all the vibrancy of those colours & really makes the brain think of the shimmeriness of peacock feathers. Very striking indeed.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, Claire - I love the inked background and what a great idea to use the Taj Mahal stamp to make a border. Thanx for joining us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, a really gorgeous background - right up my street, if you know what I mean lol. I must get mowed lawn - I love how you've used it here!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments #13 things with wings challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you at our next challenge Karen P CM DT (http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning colour and the embossing is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so stunning !! lovely lovely peacock taj mahal stamping look so awesome ... and gold color effect is so beautiful ! love it !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning background Claire. The colours are so rich and gorgeous and just perfect with the embossed peacock.
    Thanks for joining in with my DIY background challenge at MMM and so sorry for the rather late comment - I still haven't caught up!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...