My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Bluebird singing on Ideal World

Hi folks, well Mr Blogger didn't post this for me this morning boooooo! I wanted to give you a heads up about the 'Sensational Stencilling' show on Ideal World at 5pm so I hope you managed to catch the show with the lovely Nikky Hall demoing all my favourite products and some gorgeous new masks too(you can find them at Your Creativity Store if you didn't catch them on Ideal World)



I had a wonderful time designing some of the samples for the show and I'll be sharing some of them over the next few days. I made this canvas by using PanPastels and two of the gorgeous new masks (Birds and leaves and bird cage). I also used Maimeri Light modelling paste mixed with yellow pans through the Birds and leaves to create the dotty areas. The duster brush is fabulous for applying the Pans through the stencils, its a really gorgeous fluffy brush :-)

Once I'd created the background I added lots of die cut leaves that I had a bit of a happy accident with, I'd started colouring them with Pans and I'd got sticky paws from sealing the Maimeri Matte Medium and found that the medium gives a lovely delicate texture effect so I set to with a little sponge and did all the leaves. I also stamped some text here and there and then used PanPastels to give some shadow around the leaves. Its hard to see on the pic but here's more of a closer view:


The flowers were made with Maimeri Light Modelling paste in a silicone mould, coloured with PanPastels and (if you have a go at this make sure you leave them a few days to dry. To finish off I gave them a coat of iridescent medium,

To finish off I've added some more die cuts, silver embossed bird cages and birds coloured with more PanPastels.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
A Little Bit Crafty : Anything goes
Artistic Inspirations: anything but a card
Creative Card Crew: Handmade flowers
Creative Creations: photo inspiration
Great Impressions: pastel colours and polka dots
Incy Wincy: Fur or feathers

Well thanks so much for popping by
Claire xx



19 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Claire.I love the bird cages the colours and design,just gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project, love the image.Thanks you for joining us on our anything but a card challenge at Artistic Inspirations
    Hugs Tania DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Fabulous job on the background, loving those flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love the scene you have created here! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Claire. I love the way you have created the background and all the details you have added look wonderful. I especially love the flowers that you made.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Love, love, love the bird cages! I'm going to have to check them out! Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Jackie DT
    I have blog candy, if you're interested! :)
    Schoolinandscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Claire the flowers are lovely. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous canvas Claire. I have some silicone moulds and have used them with air dry clay and embossing powders but I think I'll give it a try with the modelling paste too now.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your canvas and great stenciling and love the die-cut cages-thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty .. colors are so wonderful ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning as always Claire. love those leaves and gorgeous bird cage. By the way I didn't recognise you in your new profile pic. Love it. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, the birdcages are amazing!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty this time, hope to see you in the next challenge too! Elaine DT -xxx- ps I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning, absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining our Great Impressions April Pastels and Polka Dots Challenge!

    Wowser, so many pretty details, I am not sure where to look first! Love all the dimension!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! A beautiful canvas! I love all the little details!

    Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning creations!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Creations for our Photo Inspiriation Challenge & good luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen. DT.xx

    www.kraftykarensblogspot.co.uk/wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw this on C & C and just knew it was yours before she said your name. Stunning and more sweetie you have so much talent.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a cute card. Love your color choices! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Creative Card Crew!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...