My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 7 April 2013

Journalling on the catwalk at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello there, I'm back again with my DT offering for Fashionable Stamping Challenges where our theme this fortnight is 'Journalling' chosen by my lovely teamie Ellie. You don't have to do a journal page, you  create something inspired by journalling, but of course you do need to include rubber stamping as we don't allow digi stamps. Our lucky winner will receive a generous prize from our lovely new sponsor Leo from Flonzcraft.



For my project, I bravely made a start on my brand spanking new art journal that I bought recently from Chocolate Baroque. I created the background using shades of turquoise and magenta PanPastel and Winter Dawn gilding flakes over flitter glu applied through a crafters' workshop template.  The background was the easy bit, I didn't have a clue what to do then, but after I'd been chatting to a group at work about the fact that even when life is pretty crap, there are usually some things that bring a smile to your face - I came up with the idea of 'bubbles of happiness'. I stamped some rings with the bottom of a paint pot and then decided to add some flowers using more Maimeri Iridescent medium, magenta PanPastel and another Crafters' Workshop template.

I added some stamping with gorgoeus silhouette stamps from Flonzcraft, stamped on tissue paper and applied with Maimeri Matte medium to represent some of my bubbles of happiness:


I also stamped some dandelions and bees using Chocolate Baroque stamps. Now my little garden scene was finished I used a stampotique stamp to represent me and used derwent pastel pencils to add some shading the the 'bubbles'


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Craft Room Challenge: In the library
Creative Moments: things with wings
In the pink: Lets fly away
Visible Image: get stamping

Do pop over to the challenge blog as we've got a very special guest designer joining us for this challenge and of course lots of inspiration from my talented teamies.
thanks for visiting today
Claire xx


29 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! I just love your bubbles of happiness and how you used silhouettes in your journaling. The PanPastels are always such a nice soft touch of color. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire...I hope you share the journal pages as you go along. I love the whole idea of bubbles of happiness, it adds so much fun and flair to the page.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bubbles of happiness idea and the background with its subtle colours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful page. Love the combination of silhouettes and other stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is the kind of journaling that I do get, love this Claire and the colours you've used look so pretty with that beautiful gilding.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire....you journalling pages are fabulous I love the colours and tecture you have created. The silhouette stamps really set this piece off adding even more dimension.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops should read texture...just realised my error as I hit publish. Have a fab Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages Claire ! Love the sentiment behind the stamping and the delicate images of the dandelions are gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowww this is fabulous Claire... I absolutely love the effect of those gilding flakes on your stunning journal page!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink... hope to see you here again soon with another fabbie pink creation!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages with wonderful colours, textures and images. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely journal pages, love the touches of shimmer and the silhouettes sit beautifully against your background. Love the Stampotique image too . The pink is very eye catching . Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Claire, this is gorgeous! The pink shades are so pretty and the gold adds such a classy touch with those images! Wonderful journal pages! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super creation, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks a fabulous page Claire, loving the pastel pinks and the glimmers in the background.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. what pretty journal pages, and i love those stamp images and how you've incorporated them- great job ;-) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have rocked this theme, Claire! Your page is fantastic, the colours are gorgeous and I love the bubbles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pages, I love the silhouetted images and pretty colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning pages Claire - so many gorgeous details - love the gilding flakes in particular and the 'bubbles of happiness' is a fabulous idea.
    Thanks for sharing with In The Pink this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire, gorgeous journalling, great choice of colours and gold highlighting on the stencilling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's cool, such wonderful pages, great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so lovely. The harlequin is so effective and I love the overall theme! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this Claire, such unusual colours and a fabulous mix of stamps.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  23. fabulous pages--love the cool pastels paired with the black silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab Claire - especially love the mix of vintage silhouettes with the Stampotique girl. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soft and delicate Claire those colours just float together gorgeously and that image is soooo pretty.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think this is a work of art - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow So Gorgeous and Soft your Stunning Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your journal pages - they're fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful pages, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...