My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 18 December 2011

Travelling the World at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hi there,  how on earth did it get to be the week before Christmas?? I'm sure I'm in some kind of time warp as I'm still nowhere near ready for the big day. It may have had something to do with the fact that I spend far too much time at work and hiding away in my craft room lol. I hope you're better organised than I am :-)
Anyway back to the important stuff like crafting lol, today's project is my DT piece for Fashionable Stamping Challenges where we are 'Travelling the world' . I've opted for an Egyptian theme but there are some amazing creations from all corners of the globe so make sure you check out my teamies fab creations on the challenge blog. As ever the lovely Marina from Cottage Crafts is sponsoring our challenge so there will be a fab prize up for grabs! 


I've made a tag, altered a body butter container and made a beaded cabochon for my project. The tag uses stamps from Non Sequitur and Chocolate Baroque, with lots of embossing and glimmer misting. The gorgeous archway isn't particularly Egyptian but its my favourite stamp of the moment and I'm using it on everything lol. Its from Texture Fragments by Chocolate Baroque and I love it. I've added ribbon from my stash , a filigree corner and a sphinx charm.

The body butter container was a lovely deep rich red so I added some alcohol inks in raisin and cranberry with some gold mixative and stamped the bigscarab beetle and embossed with gold. I found a scrap of beaded gold braid in my stash and guess what, it was just the right length for the lid, don't you just love it when that happens??

The tissue was also coloured with glimmer mists. The beaded cabochon was made by stamping a gold lily on red card and attaching a 30mm flat backed glass nugget with glossy accents. Once it was dry I trimmed off the excess card and beaded around it in peyote stitch usng size 11 red seed beads and size 15 gold seed beads. I just can't get a decent pic of it at all though so apols for that, I'll try again if it brighens up and see if I have any luck. I love to make these although those size 15 seed beads are soooooooo fiddly to work with


I'm entering my project in the following challenges:

Fairy Tale: gift/gift packaging
Fussy and Fancy: mono and sparkle
Our Craft Lounge: Hand stamped gifts
Simon Says Stamp and show: thru the looking glass
Sweet Stampin: sparkle and bling

Thanks for calling by today,
Claire xx

30 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous tag and altered box. Great idea to alter a body butter container. The Egyptian stamp is stunning and the whole project is beautifully embellished. Have a Great Christmas and New Year. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your detail is incredible! Alcohol inks on the body butter container is an absolute stroke of genius. The red and gold with the egyptian theme is sooo rich ~ and your beadwork is always amazing to see (no matter how small some of those beads are lol. From my family to yours we wish you all a very merry xmas and a great New Year.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous gift set Claire and the altered tin looks amazing. A really fantastic beaded creation too. Love the gold embossing which contrasts so beautifully with the red.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing project, Claire. You have put so much care into this and the results are stunning. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' and Merry Christmas! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, your journey is wonderful, great altered container, also your tag looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely astonishing with the beading & all the detail. I think the doorway is relevant for it reminds me of some of the geometric designs you find on Egyptian columns. I love your combination of colours & the way you decorated the box with the braid & that stunning scarab beetle.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you will be already come the big day Claire
    I love you box and tag they are great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire
    This exudes the exotic - you have whizzed me off to Egypt with this set.
    The stamped scarab is flawless.
    A beautiful gift set for anyone special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi this is a wonderful set.
    Beautiful colors and a stunning design.
    Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
    **Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project, the colours are so rich and vibrant. love the little box.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderfull set and perfect gift! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Chalenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful project Claire. I just love that altered box and the colours are so warm and inviting.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning project. I simply LOVE it!. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project!

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'.

    Merry Christmas.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rich and elegant, comes to mind! This is stunning, Claire! Love the touches of gold! I also am caught up in your time warp! Just did shopping for my hubby today!!!

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an absolutely beautiful project! I love the deep, rich colors that you used and the gold embossing is lovely! Very, very pretty! So glad you joined us at Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenges. Come back again! Aloha, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire, what a gorgeous project! So unique, so well done! Happy Holidays to you! So glad to have met you and the other DT members this year. I count you as my friend. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Claire! I love your box. What a clever idea. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs and hope to see your work again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire, what a gorgeous project and those colours....wow...def my favourites! I have those stamps also somewhere hidden on the attic.....warm greetz, Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful project Claire. The colours are so rich and the altered box looks amazing.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful project Claire, the colours are so rich. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooow, Claire, you've left me speachless! What a stunning project, so creative to alter a body butter container :)) Stunning work, my Friend! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous...love the little box - GREAT way to recycle!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a LUSH nad gorgeous set! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is stunning, love your altered body butter container and tag... so stylish, love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is truly amazing Claire so rich and opulent looking with a huge amount of lovely inking and stamping what an artist you are sweetie.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how you used ribbon in your project, very creative!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs, I hope you come back and play again!!

    Erin Reed

    PS I am now a follower of your blog, I would love if you popped over to mine and followed me too! http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. So stylish, and I love the rich colours at play here! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such an amazing creation...great artwork!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...