My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Challenge 15 at Christmas Challenges {with sketches}

Hi there, time for another challenge at Christmas Challenges {with sketches} and this time we have a twist, we want to see you follow Betina's gorgeous sketch but also add twine and a charm! 

As always we have a fab prize up for grabs and this time around our sponsor is Stempelstudio so pop on over to the challenge blog and find out more!


For my DT card, I've used a stamp from Stampavie called 'Dearest Deer', its one of my favourite Christmas stamps. I've coloured the image with promarkers and added some glamour dust for a little sparkle. The bps are all from GCD 'Let it Snow ' paper pad. I've added some lace, ivory seam binding and pale blue velvet ribbon from my stash. The sentiment is a stamp from Crafters Companion, stamped on a scrap of bp and embossed with pale blue EP. To finish off I've added some little blue pearly buttons with a twine bow (ok its string from the shed but I don't have any twine lol) and a gorgeous little deer charm. You can see the image and the charm better in this pic:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to stamps: Christmas cards
Bah Humbug: Cute critters
Cutie Pie Challenge: pastel Christmas
Jingle Belles: something Christmassy
One stop craft : Let it snow
Passion for Promarkers: Celebrations
Totally Papercrafts: Let it snow


I seem to be accumulating a large stack of Christmas cards but I still haven't got organised and done any Christmas shopping. I've been a busy bee looking for new kitchen units, tiles, etc. as hopefully after waiting months and months we're having a new kitchen in the new year. I saw the most GORGEOUS sparkly granite worktops but they were sooooooo expensive. I'm sure that whatever worktops I choose they'll soon be sparkly so I'll  get the cheaper ones and save my pennies for crafting goodies lol
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,

    what a sweety you make. I like the charm of the deer very much.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card claire.the image is so adorable and i love your soft delicate colours and sparkle.
    thanks for joining us in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow!!!! I love that image its sooooooo cute!!! I adore the soft colours, all your layers, just everything, gorgeous card!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Claire, love the image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a cute christmas card. Love the colour combo you've used and what a cute design with ribbon, buttons and charm. Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Claire, the image is adorable. Like you my cards are sorted but the pressies seem rather lacking and my kitchen still isn't finished! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Claire. Thanks for joining us in our mega christmas challenge at PFP, good luck.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. the blue against the brown is super with the sentiment & I love the way the rest of the card follows that theme too. I had to chuckle at your faux "twine" - nice one that. Our kitchen was taken back to the joists under the flooring
    & the dust was incredible. Hope you find what you want.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, love the sweet image...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, the image looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious! Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts Challenge this week. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a totally ♥SWEET♥ and utterly appealing holiday card, miss claire! that digi really is beautiful, as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh just gorgeous Claire - don't worry about inserts do what I've done this year and don't do them. Eeek how lazy am I?
    Thank you so much for joining our last challenge of the year at Bah! Humbug! and for being such a loyal participent throughout the year.
    Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! Love the image

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the torn edges claire

    thanks for joining us at One Stop Crafts

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Claire, these colors are so sweet. I love your card.
    hugs, Renata.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Claire, what a lovely card. The image is so adorable. Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done Claire!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Let It Snow challenge and good luck!

    Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...