My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 4 December 2011

Dressmakinig and corsets at Fashionable Stamping Challenges


Hi there, well the last 2 weeks seem to have vanished in the blink of an eye and its time to take to the catwalk at Fashionable Stamping Challenges where our theme is 'Dressmaking/Corsets/Accessories' so you can also include hats, shoes ,bags etc. As always we have a fab prize up for grabs from our generous sponsor Marina from Cottage Crafts.  

I've used a corset stamp by Clarity stamps for my little canvas. I've always thought corsets must have been sooooooo uncomfortable to wear and as  I was playing around with the stamp I thought it might make butterfly wings, from there I got the idea of my little corset flying away (my mind does work in a strange way sometimes lol. The corset has been paperpieced using scraps from the GCD Ella Blue paper pad and then stitched with brown embroidery floss. I made the background with acrylic paints  in blue and stone and used pearl medium to create some clouds. The houses are from the Artistic Outpost 'Neverland' stamp sheet, stamped on old book pages with vintage photo distress ink. I added a frill made from Kraft Glassine die cut with a Marianne die, some ribbon from my stash and a little stamped sewing maching.

I attached the corset with silicone glue and looped the floss in places adding tiny punched butterflies. It looked a little bare so I stamped some buttons using my Lost Coast button border stamp and added a little brass scissors charm.

Here's a close up to show the corset in a little more detail


and another showing the cloudy sky


I'm entering my canvas in the following challenges:

2 Sisters: punches/dies
Craft your days away: buttons or bows
Divas by Design: Anything goes
Fab'n'Funky : anything goes
Pan Pastels: The Great Outdoors

Thanks for popping by today, if you have time check out my teamies gorgeous projects as they have come up with some stunning creations again
hugs
Claire xx


24 comments:

  1. Terrific card Claire,
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ideas and creativity Claire and such a gorgeous canvas as the outcome.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. those mischievous butterflies carrying away the corset is so precious...I love your imagination! This is awesome Claire
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful canvas I love the way you have laced up your corset I would never have thought of doing that, so clever and I have never heard of paper piecing before, the ella blue pad and is so beautiful I know why you want to use all the scraps. Have a great Sunday. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic canvas, love how the corset seems to be flying over the houses like a kite.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous canvas Claire, the corset works perfectly flying away. I love the frill too ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, and such a wonderful and original idea, love it! Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh Claire this is lovely

    jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea behind this - & your execution is amazing, those clouds are gorgeously pearly. Thed eatiled threading on the corset is a lovely touch too.
    I think time has flown...........I only have to blink these days.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, just a beautiful canvas, love the flying corset.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky and Divas by Design.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful love it thank you for joining us at panpastel uk lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Claire, your canvas is stunning! I love the flying corset and it beautifully "paper pieced" ;). Lovely background, too! Beautiful work, my Friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much thought has gone into your piece, Claire! It is creative and unique. I love it! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just fabulous Claire and it's great to know how it came about. Your stamping looks fantastic and the corset just gorgeous. A really inventive idea.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE it, like that corset, is it a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooooooooh this is gorgeous!!! I love all sewing themed creations!!! Love the corset floating in the sky, what a fabulous consept!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire, what a wonderful canvas. Love the image and the idea of the corset flying away (I bet the ladies who wore them wished they would fly away!). Love the frill at the bottom of the canvas, makes me think of frilly knickers!!! Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this time. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Actually your brain in amazing! How clever to set that corset free!!! I just love all the details in this work of art! Gorgeous! Since I can't stand anything too tight, I can't even imagine that gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Claire. It has been awhile since I have seen you in blogland.

    Your Corset is lovely. I have been eyeing that Bella Blue paper pad for about a year. I have yet to buy it, but everytime I go to that craft store, I leaf throught it and always think "Next time I will buy it."

    Your work is always gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your idea for this Claire, a brilliant canvas. That corset just 'pops' against your sky.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea !!!!!! thanks for joining us at panpastel uk this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the corset. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Annette. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...