My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 22 December 2011

#184 A white Christmas for Rainbow Lady

Hi there, I'm back with another Christmas card, this one is my DT project for Rainbow Lady's Challenge where Cynthia wants to see projects inspired by the theme White Christmas. 



I've used some of my favourite stamps for this card, they are all from 'Snow is Falling' by Chocolate Baroque. It was a really quick card to make as I've just stamped the image on silk coated card using a big and juicy waterfall inkpad and added some Judikins prisma glitter, matted the image on card brayered with the same ink and then on a layer of white card. The background was made using snowflake stamps from the same themeplate and the same inkpad. I've added some lace, seambinding coloured with waterfall ink and a glittery snowflake made with a Marianne die and attached to the bow with a snowflake brad.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges: Non traditional Christmas colours 
Lexi's creations: Untraditional Christmas colours
Stamps+fun =creativity: favourite material for cardmaking (mine is my brayer)
Top Tip Tuesday: Christmas

Thanks for popping by
hugs
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Nice card the ribbon is to dye for love it XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, a very beautiful card!!! I also love the ribbon!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and I hope to see you again next challenge. Merry Christmas, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just LUSH!!!! I LOVE it!!!Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of this card Claire, I wouldn't have thought to use a big and juicy to stamp it, but it goes so well.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very prett card. thanks for joining CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Claire! I love the colours, the stamping... and the ribbon! Beautiful card! Hugs, Bo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire , that is a very beautiful card with all these snowflakes !! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Merry Christmas !! Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful, very elegant card, I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Claire...love the colours you chose. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, you've created wonderful Christmas cards. Love the glittering on it. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Claire and I like that special colour combination you've used! Wishing you a very merry and happy Christmas teamie! Warm greetz, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love those colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card, it looks sooo lovely. Thanks for joining us at SFC.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the ribbon and snowflake and the elegance of the whole card. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glorious colours & I love that layered snowflake seam binding with the lace - gorgeously effective.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your white christmas card is super beautiful. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...