My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 9 September 2012

Summer Fun at PanPastel UK

Hi again, we've been having some gorgoeus weather here in the UK, perfect for a bit of 'Summer Fun' which is our theme at PanPastel UK. I haven't been having much summer fun as I was at work yesterday and today I've got a ginormous pile of paperwork to tackle yuk! 


I've created a summer scene for my DT card, the stamps are all from Stampscapes except for the little boat which is from Sheena Douglass. I masked the sun and used ultramarine blue and the tint to create the sky, removed the mask and created the sun using diarylide yellow panpastel. 

I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black and then created the sea with ultramarine blue tint, turquoise, and phthalo blue panpastels. I used a pencil eraser to create the waves and then added some colour to the islands with yellow, burnt sienna and orange pan pastels. I used a distress marker to colour the red sails. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft a Scene: Trees Trees Trees
Hotshot Crafts: PanPastels
Just some lines: Use two different colouring mediums
My Mum's Craft Shop: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: anything goes

As always our lucky winner will receive a panpastel starter set thanks to our generous sponsor Berni from Your Creativity Store


Now, do I make a start on the ironing or tackle the boring paper work?? Talk about spoiled for choice lol. Hope you're having a good Sunday
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. This is great as usual, must have a go at doing some clouds/waves.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tropical island scene Claire. Beautifully created.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Claire. I love the way you have created the waves and the colours are wonderful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this stamp set (under used I must say). I love this scene - so natural looking - could be taken from a photo. Excellent Pan Pastel shading as ever.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card Claire, love the scenic effect and the sky & sea!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely summer scene Claire, I am playing at the moment with my Artbars and lots of water here LOL, warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous - what a great scene. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Claire I love how you have made the scene and it's very appropriate with this weather

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, this is absolutely gorgeous, you really are a true artist my friend. :) Thanks for joining us at JSL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful scenic card Claire and am totally in love with your filled bottle below. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh to be on the island Claire, it looks totally idyllic, you created a really great scene.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

    Promise I'll do my best to join in at Pam Pastels this week, as I told Lindsay yesterday after winning the first few I had this 'need' for quite a few more !

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite sets from Stampscapes and I love the scene that you've made with it Claire. Very apt on a day like today, shame it's not going to last.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire..this is a beautiful card, I really love the colour palette and the stamped images are gorgeous.
    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So full on sunshine this card Claire... Good to know our weather is the same (at the moment!). Love it

    So blown away with your 'little Packages' on the post below.... how wonderful is that!! you are very clever .
    Have a good week
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely island Clair, love the way you created waves.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great island hopping scene, looks like somewhere tropical and sunny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, thanks for joining our challenge at My mum's craft shop, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claire, this is just wonderful. I love how the PanPastels let you create depth. Great scene! Thank you for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  19. This scene looks idyllic Claire, another great design. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very, Very nice.......... Enjoying all the bits to look at.............. Lovely coloring............... Thank u so much for entering Just Some Lines Challenge!!!!

    SOMA
    Just Some Lines DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a delightful card. I wish I were there. Thanks for sharing at Just Some Lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...