My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 1 September 2012

Scrummy new stamps and some exciting news

Hi folks, I've got some very exciting news I've been invited to join the DT for Flonz craft. I was  so excited when I was invited to join this fab new team and of course I jumped at the chance to work with such fantastic products and such lovely talented stampers . We're going to have a monthly challenge for projects with a vintage theme, and our first  monthly challenge starts on October 1st so for the next few weeks we'll be sharing some inspiration using gorgeous stamps from  Flonzcraft


I've used a 1950s lady and a 1950s car stamp for this card. The lady is stamped and coloured with promarkers before being cut out, the car is stamped on Ranger foil tape, again coloured with promarkers and cut out. I've also used a backing paper from K&Co, lots of kraft card, my new spellbinders, some scrummy satin ribbon and a sentiment stamp from Chocolate Baroque. Here's  a couple more pics to show these fabulous stamps



Flonzcraft our regular sponsor has a fantastic selection of stamps and they are such a great price you afford to treat yourself. The stamps come in clear stamps ready to pop on your acrylic block or with adhesive ready to mount permanently on a block. I was really impressed with the quality and range of stamps. Although they come all the way from New Zealand, the postage is very reasonable and delivery  much fast than I'd expected too :-)

This pic shows the detail of the stamps a bit better, I love the effect of the car on the foil tape, I stamped it with versamark and embossed with black EP before colouring with promarkers.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
I love promarkers: Anything goes
Shopping our Stash: Your favourite things
 (stamps, promarkers and spellbinders)
Simply Create too: so old or vintage
Use your stuff: polka dots

Well it really feels like winter is on the way in my little corner of the UK, the temperature has dropped,  its getting dark much earlier and Dr Who and X factor are back on TV lol. We always call September 'Spider month' and sure enough a ginormous spider has taken up residence above the TV eeeeeek!! I guess he wants to watch Dr Who too lol.
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations - you're the second of my blogging friends who's on the team. Spiders - found one above the microwave this morning - now I was going to evict him but he had the vacuum cleaner treatment as they're just being a menace lately.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge congrats Claire. They are very lucky to have you. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous vintage design Claire, love the 50's theme. You and me both with new DTs eh? You must be on about 6 now? Don't know how you keep up!!
    Take care.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Claire on your latest DT appointment. I haven't heard of 'Flonzcraft' but they have recognised your talent.
    Your card is gorgeous, love the dies, the colours and the new stamps.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new DT position Claire. They knew when they were onto a good thing getting hold of you for their team. Congratulations on making the top 3 in the Craft a Scene challenge too.
    Super card - love the 50's feel to it all.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, congratulations on your new DT can't wait to see whats coming and with the vintage theme I know I am going to enjoy seeing everything. This is a beautiful creation the colours and that central topper looks super, the bow and the images just add to its beauty.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design, lovely vintage card, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new job ! hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay this is just fabulous! Love the scene you have created! Just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just perfectioN! I love everything about it.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping our Stash challenge blog!

    Linda (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahoo Claire this is gorgeous can't wait to see it on the new blog.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a stylish design, and a very pretty vintage card! Love how you've distressed the edges with ink. The classic car and lady make a great image, and the bow is such a decorative element!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card! Your images are wonderful. Glad you could join in our Challenge #21 - "So Old/Vintage.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...