My lovely blogland friends

Friday 28 September 2012

Inspired by a film at Crafty Ann's

Good morning, today's card is my DT project for Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog where Ann has set us the theme of 'Inspired by a Film'. Now I don't watch much TV and very rarely watch a film so this was tricky, made even more tricky by the fact that my pesky printer is still on the blink. Anyway I had this lovely 'Bird on Blossom Branch' printed off so I've taken my inspiration from 'The Birds' even though i've never seen it lol.


The image is coloured with promarkers and cut out with sizzix die. I've used papers from Prima's Almanac paper pad, distressed with a craft knife and distress ink and added faux stitching around the edge with a black fineliner pen. I've added some cheesecloth coloured with distress stain, prima flowers, lace and ribbon  from my stash, some cute little feathers and some die cut swirls. I've also added a sentiment made using spellbinders fancy tags and a Chocolate Baroque stamp.The butterfly and birds nest are also from the Prima Almanac paper pad.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers: Lace and stitching
Die cuttin Divas: Bingo challenge (my line is ribbon, pearls, shabby chic)
Digital Tuesday: Say it with flowers
Lollipop Crafts: 2 punches or dies
Shoppin our Stash: Fur or feathers
Whoopsi Daisy: things with wings

Don't forget our lucky winner will get a generous prize from Crafty Ann's Digi Shop. Pop over and check out my lovely teamies blogs as they've created some stunning projects again this time.
Right, off to work for me again. Not long until the weekend now though and it looks like it will be perfect crafting weather lol
Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation. (I have to say the birds in the film were a tad more sinister than this one. lol) Love all those fab embellishments and the gorgeous bp too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birds gave me nightmares as a child - full of seagulls pecking people's eyes out & attacking human beings. Now maybe your card can dispel that image from my mind for your card is quite delightful & I love the colours - good piece of displacement therapy!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love he image and such beautiful detailing

    I hope you have a great weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful!

    Thanks for joining the 'stitching and lace' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire i love colors of your card, and all this gorgeous details.
    Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous the design and colours are superb. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in with my stitching and lace challenge at Crafty Cardmakers with this lovely card. There is so much gorgeous detail and texture here, a true work of art.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This bird looks absolutely gorgeous. Love your vintage design with the flowers, bows and swirls. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card !! Love all of the details.
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous use of embellishments on this card - the scrollwork is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fur and feathers challenge at Shopping our Stash! Hope to see your next creation in our Go Green Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...