My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 16 September 2012

Autumn/Fall at PanPastel UK

Good morning, we've got a new challenge starting at PanPastel UK and the theme is 'Autumn/Fall' and here in my little corner of the UK Autumn has definitely arrived. The days are getting shorter and the mornings are a lot colder, I do love this time of year though as the leaves are just starting to change colour and the greens, golds and oranges look so beautiful.


For my card I've used my PanPastels (of course lol) and stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Tall Trees theme plate. I began by creating a background with PanPastels (Diarylide Yellow Shade, Permanent green shade, Yellow Green shade and a little Hansa Yellow) and overstamping with the leaf stamps using Forest Moss and Peeled Paint distress inks. Next I used Diarylide yellow,  hansa yellow tint and orange to make the background for the focal image, I used the palest shade first and then masked the sun before adding the deeper colours. I love this huge stamp, its one of my all time favourites, I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo black and used sakura pens to add some colour, I used stardust pens on the trees and birds and a bright purple glaze pen for the berries. You can see the effect of the pens a bit better in this pic:

 I made some flowers with watercolour paper coloured with purple and orange pan pastels. I used Tattered florals for the larger flower and Tattered pinecone for the smaller roses. I added some irridescent seed beads to the large flower. To finish off I' added some green seambinding ribbon and some die cut leaves (coloured with panpastels and overstamped with one of the scrummy Chocolate Baroque lace fragments stamps)

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Raise the Bar: Anything with wings
Totally Papercrafts: Use your favourite stamp

Don't forget our lucky winner will receive a fab panpastel starter set from our generous sponsor Berni from Your Creativity Store


As its Sunday morning i've got a mountain of ironing to tackle and lunch to cook but then I'm hoping to escape to my craft room for a few hours before I settle down in front of the TV. 
Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments. 
Enjoy your Sunday :-)
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Hi Claire this is a stunning creation and I love the colours stamped images. Never used pan pastels before but they look great. This piece would also meet the challenge at Frilly and Funkie -the great Outdoors . TFS

    Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is totally stunning. Such gorgeous colours and textures

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely glorious combination of colours - quite stunning & so helpful in describing the sequence of using PP with stamping/inks etc.....
    Take care with the ironing.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, beautiful card with these Fall colours and the stamp is perfect for this theme! Like the structure stamp on the leaves!

    warm greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Thanks for playing along with CCC.

    Hugs
    Elle
    DT: Creative Card Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire, another stunner ! Love the colour combo & your fabulous design. Thanks for your kind words at my blog, have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, what a fabulous card. Love the stamps and the wonderful background. Super colours too. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful combination of colours and images Claire, just love the design.
    It feels really chilly today, autumn is definitely here.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire
    This is a great card I love how you have captured the feel of early autumn

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful Claire, love the bold colours and the scene you have created
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow... what a beautiful card... love all the pretty details! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! So much to look at. Great detail and design. Love your choice of colors. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your palette and stamp. Thanks so much for joining in the "tree" challenge over at Creative Card Crew.
    ~Jo, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour scheme Claire, your blending of pan pastels is excellent. Hope you have agreat week. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, a great use of colour! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew, good luck in the draw!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this a fabulous card.Very special to me.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card, love the flowers, thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
    Hugs
    Ang
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT
    My Blog: A Crafty Blether

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card! I love your colouration! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Thank you so much for joining in on our I Believe I can Fly challenge over at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...