My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 2 September 2012

All about Stripes at PanPastel UK

Good morning, I hope you're having a great weekend. I'm a happy bunny this morning as my altered gift box made the top 3 at Allsorts and my little panpastel scene made the top 3 in the Great Outdoors challenge at Craft a Scene. PanPastels are perfect for that kind of project but you can also use them for more detailed work as you can see in this card. Our theme this week at PanPastel UK is 'All about stripes' and I've used ultramarine blue tint and ultramarine blue pans with some masking tape to create a striped background for this card. 


The focal image is a Michael Powell stamp, I stamped it on to watercolour card, added colour with panpastels and then used distress markers for more definition. I added a die cut sentiment (which doesn't show up too well in the pic) with a couple of little wooden buttons and some string from my stash. I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
365 cards: stripes
A gem of a challenge: its a boy thing
Anything goes challenge: make your own background
Card Crafters Circle: for the fellas
Crafty Creations: summer scene
Fun with shapes and more: Maritime plus blue and white

As always we've got a fab prize up for grabs, our lucky winner will receive a panpastel starter set from Berni our lovely sponsor at Your Creativity Store. Be warned though once you've tried them you'll be hooked lol.


Do check out my talented teamies blogs as they have come up with some stunning artwork to inspire you again this week. Have a lovely Sunday and thanks for popping by
Claire xx



21 comments:

  1. Lovely take on this week challenge Claire. so pretty. Congrats on your new DT position . See, I do read other posts from you lol lol All the best.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is gorgeous Claire, and so suitable for the men in our lives. I bought this stamp and some other Michael Powell stamps earlier this year and have to admit that I've not used them yet, I think I will be soon though.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Claire. Your striped background is a brilliant idea and the scene is coloured perfectly. Well done on getting to the top three both those challenges.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, you are an absolute wizard with your PPs to creat backgrounds, love this one and you have used my favourite Michael Powell stamp too (well next the the beach huts maybe!). Love the way you stamped it onto water colour card, will try doing it that way now. Your card is fabulous, the string and stripes give it a realy nautical feel. Love it! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Claire, love that stamp!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design and focal image.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card Claire its a fab image and your colouring is fantastic I don't think I could do that detailed work with pan pastels

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The detail in that stamped image is super & I love the stripes which remind me of a beach hut or deck chair - holiday mode. Congratulations with all your challenge entries.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Claire this looks fabulous. I've just been eyeing these up recently at a show.... ummmmmm.
    Hope your well.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's a so wonderful card. Looks absolutly gorgeous .. thanks for joining us at shapes and more! XOXO Michi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous color job, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW love the shape of this card its so different, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, love the image, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Claire, this looks so super! Very beautiful coloured and the style of Michael Powell is always so recognizable!Great idea with the PP stripes, warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card and amazing coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations challenges!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Out for the weekend and very busy the last two days I'm catching up today. You've been very creative and there are wonderful pieces to see.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful! I especially love the button detail... thanks for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Your colouring is gorgeous and your handmade DP looks fantastic.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just so gorgeous Claire I love the scene
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Clair this is absolutely beautiful that image is awesome so are the wonderful colours you have used a great design.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely male themed creation thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...