My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 8 June 2014

One for the boys inspiration at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies, how is your weekend going? Its been tipping it down with rain all weekend so I've had a nice lazy weekend so far with plenty of messy fun in my craft room. Today's project is my inspiration project for our 'One for the boys' challenge at PanPastel UK You've still got a week to enter to be in with a chance of winning some gorgeous crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands You don't have to use PanPastels to enter but of course we love it when you do


I've made a canvas, I began with a thick layer of Maimeri Light Modelling Paste, adding lots of texture with stencils, a texture tool and my fingers lol to create a kind of rough bark effect. Once it was dry I added colour with PanPastels - Raw umber plus shade, Burnt Sienna plus Shade and gave it all a coat of Maimeri glossy gel medium

The stamps are all from Artistic Outpost (Huck Finn set), stamped on kraft card with Potting Soil Archival Ink I tore the edges and distressed with PanPastel in Raw Umber I've layered the images up over some burlap, corrugated card,die cut cogs (painted with Maimeri metallic acrylics) I've also added a pen nib and some twine


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Crafts 4 Eternity: For the boys
Creative Corner: use an old stamp
(I love this stamp set but haven't used it for ages)
Creative moments: Monochromatic
Left of Centre: at the movies (The adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Scrapbooker Phd: die cuts
Simon Says Stamp: Fathers day/masculine
Thats Crafty: use texture paste

Have a lovely Sunday, thanks for popping by and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow Claire this is stuning. I love all of the texture that is going on in the background, the cogs and the wonderful Huck Finn stamps you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous with a wonderful vintage feel. Awesome textures.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. great texture claire - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clair this is fabulous I love all the texture you have in this piece and the colour works so well to give it a lovely vintage feel

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that vintage flair to your card, thanks for joining us over at C.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card, love all the details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous project, I love the background, fabulous layering with the image and dies and embellishments. Thanks for joining us At The Movies this fortnight at Left of Center! Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW; that background is FANTASTIC; unbelievably textured. What a great creation you have made!

    Thank you for sharing your work with us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card! Thank you for joining Its all about vintage and beauty challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew!
    Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! My favorite colors! And your textures are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbooker PhD this week. Hugs, Cathy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrapbooker PhD
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW. This is really a work of art. So full of texture, and everything so very perfect for the book excerpt. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's die cut challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...