My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 7 June 2014

Have a magical day with Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, the weekend is here at last! Todays card features  the beautiful fairy from the July Fairy set and one of the stamps from Fantasy Castles, both from Chocolate Baroque. I really enjoyed messing around with paint and ink to make this project


I began by stamping the fairy and castle with Black Archival ink on to watercolour card I masked them using masking tissue. Next I roughly 'splodged' on some white and some pearl acrylic paint to create the clouds. Once the acrylic paint was dry I started adding colour to the sky with lots of water and Twinkling H20 paints Once I removed the masks I had a bit of a panic as some of the blue had seeped under the mask but I found that using diluted bleach removed the colour but not the stamped image phew!! . The blue paint had also discoloured the clouds so I added some more paint and left it to dry. Next I painted the castle and then decoupaged the fairy (also painted with Twinkling H20s).


I added a little gem to the fairy's wand and stamped the sentiment (from Fairyland Words) and embossed with gold embossing powder. 
I added some chipped sapphire distress ink around the edges and matted the scene on white and then blue card to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges
Chocolate Coffee and Cards: embossing
Craft Room Challenge: things with wings
Fussy and Fancy:  outdoors
Handmade harbour: pretty
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Magic
Through the purple haze: make your own background
Tuesday Throwdown: paint or mist
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Stunning Claire, I love the depth of the blue sky and the lovely fluffy clouds. The fairy is such lovely colours too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most certainly a WOW card in my eyes.....its just beautiful and my fav colurs too.....well done

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing Claire - what a wonderful scene - those clouds are awesome - fabulous make xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card! Love how you sploged on the paint, etc... Thanks for joining us at TTPH and good luck.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and an amazing background. Thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical, the colouring is altogether brilliant, great card thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fantasy! Saw this on SSS, and had to take a closer look. Lovely in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and magical...it's gorgeous Claire! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab background and image thanks for sharing with HMH this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is awesome! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the beautiful blue sky and the bright fluffy clouds! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your magical card with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real magical scene, and such a great design. Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge and good luck ...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...