My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Dreamy notebook cover

Hello folks and a big warm welcome to my new followers, its a pleasure to 'meet' you. Today's project is a quick and easy notebook cover made using some of this months new stamps Briar Rose Butterfly from Chocolate Baroque (have a look at these and all the other new stamps here) The little book has a magnetic back so you can pop it on the fridge for shopping lists and was a real bargain at 99p from Home Bargains.


I began by masking a moon on a piece of kraft card and then used some cut and dry foam to apply White Brilliance Ink, smearing it here and there to create a misty effect. Next I stamped the foliage stamps with both White Brilliance Ink and Tea Dye distress ink I stamped the butterflies with versamark ink on to kraft card and embossed with WOW embossing powder  before cutting them out and adding them to the front of the cover. The sentiment is from Artistic Expressions, stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink. I've added some faux pearls in the corners to finish off.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafting by Design:  Anything goes
Creative Moments: anything goes/monochromatic
Dragonfly Dreams: things with wings
Love to Create: anything goes

My lovely talented teamies have some amazing inspiration lined up for you so if you've got time check out their gorgeous artwork on the DT blog here
Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! This is gorgeous! I love your misty effect! Good luck with the challenges! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful - love this to bits Claire - stunning xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...