My lovely blogland friends

Monday 16 June 2014

Craft Stamper Challege

Good morning folks, I'm really enjoying my long weekend off work and had a bit of a play as I'm up to date with all my DT stuff. This month's challenge at Craft Stamper is the fab bleach blocking technique except I didn't have any clean blending foam so I was a bit stuck. Hmmmm I tried cutting a rectangle but it ended up really wonky so I had a bit of a brainwave and die cut some cut'n'dry foam instead using a circle die.


I created the background using broken china, tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks and then got to work with my cut'n'dry circles and water. Once it was dry I stamped the images using Lavinia stamps and Memento Ink and coloured the images using Graph'It markers


I wanted to add some highlights so I brushed on some cosmic shimmer glue to the fairies wings, the windows and some of the foliage on the tree and then sprinkled on some microbeads (I can't seem to stop using these at the minute lol)

To finish off I added some doodling around the edges and matted the tag on some black cardstock before adding a button brad and some rainbow trim to the top.

I'm entering this one in the following challenges:
Craft Stamper: Bleach Blocking
Fussy and Fancy: things with wings
Lavinia Stamps: add beads/gems
Open Minded: something with wings
Penny's Paper Crafty: anything goes
The Doodle Garden: summer love

I've got another day off work today, yippppeeeee so I'm away to play in my craft room. Have a great day and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx


22 comments:

  1. This is lovely Claire. Enjoy your day of work
    Happy crafting
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful Claire - really clever scene - i love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing Tag!!! Love this little scene.. You have put so much work into it!! Wow!!! just gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire! This is soooo cool! I love the colours and the whole thing is just amazing! Oh, I'm so glad I joined your blog! Thank you for stopping by at mine, you mentioned you joined, but I can't see you anywhere so letting you know it may have not worked, unless it was joined privately... which is fine, if course. I do have a special post with Royal Family photos on my blog now, if you are interested in taking a peek ;) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tag and a great design and stamping! I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an imaginative way of interpreting this technique Claire - loving that sky and of course your colouring is superb as ever. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab colours and design Claire - thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge and good luck in the draw ! Hellen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab colours and design Claire, thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, this is lovely and so cheerful! Thanks for joining in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous tag....love it! The scane you've created is great and I really like the doodling. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tag, really love it!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a brilliant scenery!!! Totally love the colors you have used for this and the fact that it's a tag!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable tag! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice. Thanks for sharing in craft and smash

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the circle bleach blocking adds a really whimsical feel to this card.
    Thanks for joining in the Craft Stamper Take It, Make It challenge.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tag Claire with your bleach circle background:-)
    Thank you so much for joining in with the Take it Make it challenge.
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's gorgeous Claire love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is this .... love the circles on the background and your little scene is coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cool tag, absolutely love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE those bleach blocked circles Claire! Thank you for playing along with this months challenge over at the Craft Stamper blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really delightful! Looks great! Thank you for joining the challenge at Craft Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...