My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 19 January 2014

A fun new challenge at Premium Craft Brands PanPastel challenge!

Good morning folks, well its perfect crafting weather again this weekend so I thought I'd try and add a bitof sunshine with my DT project for Premium Craft Brands PanPastel Challenge where our theme is 'Anything Goes', as always the DT had a wee extra challenge and this week it was to use something other than paper and card. Make sure you pop over to the challenge blog and check out my teamies gorgeous projects. Of course there is a fab prize up for grabs for our lucky winner courtesy of our lovely sponsor Berni from Your Creativity Store!


I've used a canvas and some wooden letters for my project. I added lots of texture to the canvas with Maimeri gesso and light modelling paste and stencils from Premium Art Brands, I love that dotty stencil! Next came my PanPastels in ultramarine blue tint and diarylide yellow tint. The gorgeous flower stamps were a freebie for subscribing to craft stamper, they are such fun stamps but not my usual style at all. I had a wee look at the PaperArtsy blog for some inspiration and got cracking lol, I kind of knew I wanted to use a bit of a rainbow theme so I took inspiration from all the texture that this weeks guest designer Julie Ann has used on her projects, they are stunning!.
 I stamped the JOFY flowers on tissue and coloured with Graph'It markers, I used Maimeri Matte Gel to apply the flowers to the canvas. 
I love this JOFY house stamp, it was a Secret Santa pressie at Christmas and I love it so much I had to use it lots of times lol. I decided to make a rainbow of little houses and added colour with PanPastels and Graph'It markers.

The letters got a coat of Maimeri Gesso and then a rainbow of PanPastels and a wee bit of stamping. I had a bit of a job attaching the letters but my hot glue gun came to the rescue.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Incy Wincy: add texture
Inky Chicks: Anything goes
One Crazy Stamper: anything goes
PaperArtsy : january challenge
Sparkles Forum: show us your new stash
Southern Girls: its all new
The Crafting Cafe: anything goes

Well as its Sunday morning i'm going to tackle a ginormous basket of ironing. I know how to have fun lol. Have a good day and thanks for popping by 
Claire xx

24 comments:

  1. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
    LOVE it

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Claire, amazing project, I wish I could get into your creative brain and get some ideas, always inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find the time for all these makes Claire they are all wowsers in my book. This is especially gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Claire I love the brightly coloured flowers you have added. Hope the ironing doesn't take too long
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful Claire...sure brightens up the day!!
    Good luck with the ironing.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a fabulous project! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation and original to boot! Love the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a well done project! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is wonderful claire. love the house stamp. brilliant work x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Claire, this is just stunning and such gorgeous texture too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful work! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Claire, this is a fabulous project. You are a pro with those Pan Pastels. I love the layered colors. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun & jolly card Claire! I love every little thing about it!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I commented on your blog earlier this week, so I hope you don't mind me being a "double-commenter," but how could I not be WOWed by this creation?? The texture you added blew my mind and the popping bright colors are so visually stunning. It is such an interesting combination of elements, too, and you clearly are one creative gal to see this pull together in your mind! I love how you repeated the house stamp and made it fresh and inspiring by altering its colors. Genius, genius, and I am so thankful that you shared your major skills with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous canvas project! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just amazing! Love the hint of color in the background and the rainbow houses! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic! The houses almost look like a box of crayons with their pointy tops and bright colours. Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls Challenge!
    ~ DT Amy (CraftNerd)~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great job, love the details and the colors are wonderful. I love the flowers, they just pop! Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper...awesome!

    Leanne DT@One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you used the JOFY images, very cool houses & flowers & leaves are wow. I love her stamps very much.

    Fantastic ArT Claire, stunning colouring, beautiful project:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love this, hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful creation, stunning. I love the fact its quite muted colours, but with bright pops of colour. Anybody would be over the moon to have this in their home x Thankyou for joining us over at The Crafting Cafe for last months challenge. I hope we see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful project - love the colours you've used,

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...