My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Steampunk Birds from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, and a big warm welcome to my new followers,  its lovely to 'meet' you!! I don't know about you but I'm not enjoying these long dark nights, in fact I'm starting to feel a bit like a bat lol. I can't wait to see some sunshine. My card today features the fab new Steampunk Birds stamps from Chocolate Baroque which I've combined with a quirky little cottage from Sunburst Scenes.


The background was made using PanPastels, I used a die cut cog as a stencil to create the sun. I coloured the cottage with Graph'It markers. The main images were also coloured with Graph'Its and decoupaged for a little depth. The sentiment is from Home Sweet Home, stamped on kraft card and die cut with spellbinders tag die. I matted the scene on some brown card and layered it up on some Kraft resist paper that I'd coloured with Forest Moss distress ink.

I'm entering this in the following challenges
Allsorts: anything but Christmas
Aud Sentiments: tags
Bunny Zoe's: wings
Corrosive Challenge: anything goes
Created with Love: anything goes
Sister Act: anything goes
Squirrel and the Fox: Summer or winter
Wags'n'Whiskers: things with wings

Thanks for visiting today,hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Claire, I love this. The chicken looks amazing with the egg, and the cottage in the background makes it have a real country feel to it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea to create a sunrise using cogs to echo the Steampunk theme of the cockerel & eggs. The cockerel is a beauty with the colours & I love the way his tail balances the ribbon of the tag sentiment & how both extend across the matting layers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome colouring and creative design. TFS Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great scene you have created! Just love that rooster!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Wags ‘n whiskers. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cog sunrise is really fun. And your coloring on the chickens is fantastic!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at CWLC. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Created with Love Challenges Design Team
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, I love the way you created the sun, it's so gorgeous. Love that rooster too! Thanks for playing along with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...