My lovely blogland friends

Friday 13 October 2017

Anything Goes or Halloween at Polkadoodles

Good morning folks, my project today is an art journal page for our Anything Goes challenge over at Polkadoodles. As always we've got lots of inspiration from my teamies and a fabulous prize from Polkadoodles lined up for our lucky winner so pop over to the challenge blog to find out all the details.



I've used this adorable image from Polkadoodles for my journal page. She's called Winnie Wednesday Witch with Cat, you can get her as a digital stamp here or you can treat yourself to the full Winnie Wednesday Halloween Collection (full of gorgeous images, papers and sentiments) here

I began by creating my background. I splashed on some masking fluid to create create some stars and once that was dry I misted the page with water. Next I sloshed on metallic acrylic paints in shades of blue, pink, green and purple adding lots of water to help them blend. I added dark blue acrylic and then black around the edges and left it all to dry. 

While the background was drying I coloured Winnie using Graph'It markers:



I cut Winnie out leaving a little ground at the bottom of the image and went back to the background. Once it was thoroughly dry I rubbed off the masking fluid to create some nice bright stars, next Isplashed diluted white gesso on the background to create some stars. I added more stars with a white posca pen. I used matte medium to collage Winnie on to the background.

I'm entering this page in the following challenges:

Animal Friends: Autumn/Halloween
Craftaholics R us: Anything goes
Fairytale: Pumpkin
Pause Dream Enjoy: Halloween
Try it on Tuesday: It's Halloween Time

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Dramatic with a capital D Claire. I adore your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great - love the background you have created tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's FANTASTIC! What a fabulous page! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Große Klasse. Toll gemacht.
    Dankeschön für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely journal page! Fabulous backgroung and the image is so adorable. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays! Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Janis, Owner and Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely journal page for our theme.

    Thank you so much for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This background! The colors and the way they blended is amazing! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous page, she looks such a sweet witch and not scary in any way.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. That background is just awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...