My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Good morning folks, we've got a gorgeous colour palette to inspire you over at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this month, such lovely colours taken from Judith's stunning card. As always there is a £15 voucher for our lucky winner and the DT will be getting their thinking caps on to choose their top 3 too.

Current Challenge


I've used two of the beautiful stamps from Carousel Horses, to create this project. I've used one of the fabulous wooden art blocks, also from Chocolate Baroque which you can find in lots of different sizes here. I began by painting the front and back of the block with white gesso leaving a gap around the edge. Once the gesso was dry I stamped the horses with Black Versafine ink and coloured them with distress markers. 


I applied gold gilding wax lightly around the edges and then piled up lots of bows on the top. I dyed some white seam binding with distress inks to match the challenge colours and layered them up with some glue. To finish off I added some stickles and glamour dust to give the horses a little sparkle.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: R is for ribbon
Colouring in Scrapland: Anything goes
Mixed Media World Challenge: Anything goes with wood
Shopping our Stash: go paperless
Whoopsi Daisy: Hand coloured image

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely image, and pretty background. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been MIA from blog land for so long so currently playing a massive game of catchup. I have enjoyed looking at your blog and all your gorgeous creations, thanks for the inspiration :-) hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous make! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...