My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Mothers Day...

Is the theme for this weeks Challenge from Cynthia over at Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog. For once I've been very organised and and had made my mothers day card, my son wasn't as organised though and as I didn't get a card or pressie I decided to make this as a Mothers Day pressie for myself lol


I've used a Decor Plate from Carolines shop (part of my prize from last weeks challenge - thank you to Cynthia and Caroline)  and WOW they are fab to work with. I used tinkabella inks, acrylic paint and lots of glimmer mists for the background and it didn't bend at all. It also took the colour beautifully, the base colour is overstamped with some lacy circles from Joanna Sheen. The main images is a stamp from Elusive Images coloured with watercolour pencils and sakura souffle pens. Layered onto a smaller decorplate (coloured with chalk and embellished with some pearls). I then used a circle of gingham paper trimmed with some lace and added some yellow gingham ribbon to finish off.
I'm also entering this into the following challenges:
Crafty Ann's challenge which is lilac, pink and lemon
Tanda Teaser which is Simply Spring
Rosie D's challenge  which is Think Spring
Ooh La La which is 'Anything Goes'
and Pile it on which is pastels and lots of other challenges.
Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Came to see your Christmas card but wow this took my eye. How gorgeous - well stunning actually. I love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Claire, love the colours you have used.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is wonderful Claire. I am going to send it to Caroline to put on her blog if that's ok. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation Claire!
    I'm loving all the 'spring like' colours I keep seeing at the moment.
    Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous Claire - thank you for bringing it to Crafty Ann's, it's perfect.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - absoluately lovely.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!Lovely round shape!
    Thanks for sharing this with us
    at Rosie D's Challenge and good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Claire. The way you have put the different elements together and matched everything so perfectly is brilliant.The thing about making something for yourself is that you know just what will please you.
    Thank you for sharing it with us a Crafty Ann's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It's beautiful Claire! I love the soft pretty yellows! those lacy circles that you stamped and the main image are gorgeous!
    I'm very glad that you are keeping this for yourself! It's much too beautiful to part with!
    Hugs
    nicola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Claire and love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in over at Crafty Ann’s this week.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. Everything goes so well and the colours are lovely.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, this is gorgeous. You have made such a wonderful job on it and seeing that would cheer up any dreary day. Thanks for taking part in the Crafty Ann's Challenge and I hope you will be back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire
    What a super pretty card!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh la la I hope you return for our next challenge
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Claire this is totally stunning what a lovely present to give yourself....like you my son did not get me a card or gift and was reminded by his Nan to wish me Happy Mothers Day. I never thought of making myself a pressie like this though the design and colours are awesome thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Claire! Love the yellow! Thanks for joining us this week with our spring challenge at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! This is fabulous. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty! Love the fresh yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two hats - love your Mothers Day pressie to youself (I know the feeling!). Thanks for joining us at OLL and CACB. ♥Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is beautiful Claire! Thank you for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...