My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 24 January 2010

This weeks Christmas card

I can' believe I've already started this years Christmas cards. I'll be sat twiddling my thumbs in December at this rate lol. This card is for three challenges, Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge which is to use a sentiment and to use gold. Bah Humbug's challenge this week is "All that glitters". Your Next Stamp Challenge this week is 'Anything that sparkles'. The glitter doesn't show up very well in the scan unfortunately



I've used a sentiment tree stamp I've had forever, stamped on to acetate and embossed with gold detail EP. I've mounted this onto some sticky back film which i've covered with prisma glitter. Then I've used gold mirri and some ivory card with a little glitter in it (not sure where thats from but its really pretty in the flesh so to speak). Finished off with gold brads and a gold bow
My Christmas card box is filling up already thanks the these challenges. They are really getting me to think and make some different cards instead of rushing at the last minute and making lots of similar cards
Thanks for looking
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. An absolutely gorgeous card - that stamp is amazing and I love how you've used it. Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! - hope we'll see you again soon.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely Claire, I do like that stamp and it looks really good on acetate. Keep it up and we'll be having a stress free December!

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Claire. What a stunning stamp. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card ! Thank you for playing the Christmas challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Claire

    A stunning card, I love your tree and how you have coloured it. You are so brave to use acetate. A gorgeous bow at the top and your gems finish your card off perfectly.

    Thank you so much for supporting Bah!Humbug! and displaying our Loyalty Logo.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glitter does show and it's fab. A lovely elegant card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Claire, the glitter shows up beautifully. I love the stamp too never seen this one before
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous! LOVE IT!
    So glad you are enjoying our Bah! Humbug! challenges and thanks from me too for proudly displaying our banner.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely sparkly creation
    Thanks for joining us at YNS
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...