My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Colour Challenge 6 from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, its challenge time over at Chocolate Baroque Challenge and this month we have a gorgeous colour palette to inspire you! There's a voucher to spend on Chocolate Baroque goodies for our lucky winner and the DT will be picking their Top 3 too so I do hope you'll join us. Keep checking the Challenge blog as although the challenge is monthly there is a weekly inspiration post and our lovely Lesley creates a gorgeous free digital download every month too!



I've got into the habit of trying to match the colours up to my distress inks otherwise I tend to go off at a tangent and create something totally different lol. This time I chose Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Broken Chine and Picked Raspberry.


I started by blending Shabby Shutters over the bottom part of the card and Broken China over the top. I decided to forget winter and create a summer meadow scene and got out 'Wild Meadow' one of my all time favourite Chocolate Baroque sets. I began stamping the foliage stamps in Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters and then decided I needed some bolder colours so I added some stamping in Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss, using both first and second generation stamping. I added a little colour to the flowers with some Picked Raspberry distress ink and highlighted the Queen Anne's Lace with a white posca pen.

The butterflies are from Honeysuckle Butterfly, stamped with versamark ink and embossed with white EP and then sponged with Broken China and Picked Raspberry distress inks. I cut them out and popped them up with 3d foam tape. The sentiment is from 'Birthday Words' (another old favourite) again embossed with White EP.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
A Creative romance: anything goes
Love to Create: make a scene
My time to craft: make a scene
Seize the Birthday: anything goes birthday
Treasured Times: anything goes
That's Crafty: anything goes

Thanks for popping by, have a great day and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Lush colours Claire, a beautiful piece of artwork.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brenda ,really lush colours and a gorgeous make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a stunning make Claire - the colours work beautifully! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is beautiful - I love how that stamped background draws you in! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning color palette and gorgeous Card!! So beautifully designed!!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create: Create a Scene Challenge!! We hope you will come back and play again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used distress inks to create your scene! Thank you for joining our "Create A Scene" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza ~ LTC Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely STUNNING! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create "Create a Scene" Challenge!
    Hugs
    Jackie ~ LTC owner/designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card! So cheerful and bright! love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...