My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Cooking it up with Katie

Wednesday has come around again, so its time for a new challenge from Cooking it Up with Katie!! This week Katie has another great recipe for your cards and crafty creations:
  • leaf
  • embossing
  • sticker
Here's my card made with a supercute stamp from Jazzlins Designs - dont' you just love that little mouse tucking in to that Christmas pudding??


The bps are from Raspberry Road designs. I cut an aperture in the green distressed paper using a die from Marianne Designs (ok, it was an accident, I cut the shape out to use on another card and noticed it fitted this image perfectly lol). I've lightly distressed around the edges of the papers and the aperture with a craft knife and then embossed with  ranger queen's gold EP.  I used some vintage photo DI around the inside of the frame. I've used an EK success border punch for the border and some paper flowers and leaves (also from Jazzlins). I added some clear gems coloured with alcohol inks for the centres. The sentiment is one of my favourites from Elusive Images, again embossed with gold EP. The ribbon and brads are from my stash. I don't use many stickers but added a cute little mouse sized Christmas stocking to finish the card off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Taggers: More than 2 legs (although you can only see Mr Mouses nose and ears lol)
Ellephantastic: Anything goes
Craftalicious: Anything goes
Bah Humbug: Christmas Cuties


Thanks for calling by, I hope you'll cook up something with Katie's recipe this week
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I have put so many hours in at work this week that I am so late commenting on everyone's cards. This is fantastic Claire - love the image and the layout - you always come up with real stunners.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire
    Like you it seems like I'm constantly playing 'catch up' at the moment so can sympathise LOL!
    Your sweet little mouse has got his work cut out if he hopes to finish that pudding in one sitting! Lovely card and a super sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Claire

    What a fabulous card - I love it. Gorgeous muted colours. The plaid backing paper is gorgeous - and I love your happy accident.
    I love the stamped image , your little mouse is just perfect for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and happy accident! Thanks for joining the TT challenge this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just yummy!!!! Love your fab layout! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mouse will a real big tum if he manages that huge pud! Great card and lovely colours as usual.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The image is so fun, with that little mouse, and your coloring is amazing! Beautiful papers and embellishments! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful, Claire! Fabulous colouring and papers. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Claire, very yummy!!
    Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this week.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...