My lovely blogland friends

Monday 12 August 2013

Spring flowers

Good morning my lovelies, I've had these gorgeous spring flower stamps by Sheena Douglass for a while now and not used them so I decided to have a play and alter this mannequin.

I have the mannequin a coat of Maimeri gesso and then a coat of cream acrylic paint. The flowers were stamped on tissue paper with black stazon and painted with twinkling h2os, cut out and then applied to the mannequin with Maimeri Matte Gel Medium. I love daffodils and bluebells, they are so pretty so I couldn't resist these stamps. 


Next I applied Maimeri light modelling paste and once that was dry, highlighted it with Treasure gold. I added a 'skirt' made from tulle and lace from the Ribbon Girl, a velvet ribbon bow with a pearl buckle and some flowers. The blue flowers are from WOC and the yellow roses were made with UTEE.

I'm entering this in the followng challenges:
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
Lady Bug Crafts: something floral
Paper Craftng journey: distressed/vintage


thanks for popping by, have a great day
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. This is just exquisite, Claire! I love the striking yellow and mauve, and the plainer areas you have left are just right. Beautiful!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mannequin now it's had the 'Claire' treatment. Those stamps really do suit the task and the extra embellishment compete the perfect job.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is stunning. I love the design and such gorgeous detailing
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, love these dressforms and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project its really pretty, I love bluebells and you have got the perfect colour for them too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing creation Claire. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply spectacular. A really beautiful piece of altered art. Love it. Thanks for joing us over at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, nice to see you here! This is a beautifully altered item - love the fact that the tissue was used to attach the stamps to the manikin. Such a pretty object. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our alter something challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, I have my CWD hat on today! Your project is lovely, the colours are so pretty, and I love all of the finishing touches. The UTEE flower is fab, and matches the little belt perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies, hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too pretty! Thanks for playing along at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Crafting with Dragonflies DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous creation. Love the stamps and all the little details. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The inspiration your projects give Claire is just brill. I have had a mannequin for about 6 months and not used but after seeing your make I am going to dust it off from the shelf and decorate it. Thanks babe.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea how you were going to stamp on the dress form, lol, great idea to use tissue paper! I love all the texture you've given and your tulle and lace skirt and your belt are the perfect accents. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies.
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty project, love the idea, and pretty papers you used, thanks for playing with us at crafting with dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...