My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 August 2013

Cute and Cuddly at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies and a very warm welcome to my new followers. I can't believe that I've got nearly 400 peeps following my blog, I've got some candy up my sleeve so as soon as I get a min I'll take a pic and post it so keep an eye out. Well the last week has whizzed past and we've got a new challenge at PanPastel UK and this week our theme is 'Cute and Cuddly'. As always our lucky winner will receive a fab PanPastel Starter set from our generous sponsor Berni at Your Creativity Store. Sadly due to increasing postage costs this is only available to those with a UK address but of course there's the honour of the winners badge wherever you live.

I don't really do 'cute and cuddly' that often but I'm totally smitten by the gorgeous bunnies on the Cherry Blossom Lane CD by PolkaDoodles so I printed off this little cutie and coloured him with Graph'It markers. Isn't he adorable?


I masked him with Eclipse masking paper and used PanPastels to create the sea and the night sky, I used Black, Paynes Grey and various shades of blue. I used a pencil eraser to add some highlights here and there.  The moon was made using Maimeri Glassy Gel mixed with glitter, I spread the mixture out on my craft mat with a palette knife and left it to dry. Once it was clear and dry I die cut a circle and stuck it on the card. To finish off I added a red bow and a little boat charm.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafters Cafe: furry friends and/or friendship
Craft your Passion: Sea theme
Creative Moments: sea/shore
Jellypark: cuddly wuddly
Marker Pop: anything goes with markers
Parade your crafts: down by the sea
Shopping our stash: sun, moon, stars

Well I think its about time for another coffee and perhaps a bacon butty too and then I'm going to have a play in my craft room. Have a lovely day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. It's adorable Claire (and would fit right in with CD Sunday). I love your idea with the Glassy gel. I'm thinking it would be great for snowflakes.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire, I love that cute image and your colouring is wonderful.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. that bunny is adorable....thanks for playing at parade your crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card you are right that image is great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire and wonderful colouring and pasteling (if that's even a word lol!!!)
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and cuddly this is, gorgeous. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and cute love it so tranquil, thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing Claire! You are fab with those pan pastels you really are!!!'
    Loads of hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, this a very sweet and adorable card. Your coloring and design are amazing. Perfect for the Craft Your Passion- "At Sea" Challenge. Good luck, and we hope to see your creations again at our next challenge.

    ~Amy
    DT for Craft Your Passion Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at TCCCB this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though you don't usually do the cuddly thing you did it excellently this time. I love the umbrella sail boat, it reminded me of the owl and the pussycat.
    thanks for playing with us at Jellypark Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is gorgeous. Love the image. Thank you for joining us at Parade Your Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous! I love the image and that night sky is wonderful! Thank you for playing with us for our "Cuddly Wuddly" challenge at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you for our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Georgia
    Jellypark Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this looks amazing

    Thankyou for joining us at TCCCB this week
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love - come and follow me :-)
    Co-Owner of at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card , I do love your bunny and all the different coloring techniques you used , i love pan pastels too, thx for joining us at The paper parade for our challenge .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card. The bunny is so adorable. Great layers of color. Thanks for joining us over at Parade Your Crafts.
    Amy - Parade Your Crafts DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh i love this project so so much the image is adorable

    thank you so much for entering the Challenge over at Creative Moments Challenge Blog

    Luv Kerrie DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So love this reminds me of I book I once had as a child.....Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Moments Challenge Blog
    Krafty Hugs
    Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card and who would have thought it was pan pastels ! Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...